Am I being selfish?

My Jeep. Not our Jeep, My Jeep.
The wife has a 2012 FJ Cruiser 4x4 and wanted it lifted. So, pulled it into the garage and it took me about 2 nights after work to do the lift. 2 days later, my daughter wanted fender flares on her 95 Wrangler. Pulled that into the garage, again 2 nights after work got those put on. And now, the FJ is down again to get the windshield replaced.
Let me just say, I work from home.
So all that to say, they both had to use my Jeep to get to work. Why do I hate that ? I’d give a stranger the shirt off my back. But driving my Jeep? That’s like sharing a toothbrush.
Maybe I am selfish, just ranting.
Haha.. I feel your pain.. I own a restaurant and my wife and I both work there.. I drive a bronco and she is usually driving her LJ... it’s pretty common for someone to ask about the bronco and she’s gotten to where she tells people “it’s ours” ... I finally told her 2 days ago the oil needs changed in “our” bronco... it somehow is mine again😳

Last edited:
Maybe I'm weird but I don't have a problem with my wife or daughter driving my Jeep. I did want to get a stick shift but the wife can't drive that and I ended up with the automatic so we had something she could drive to work if and when her car is in the shop. The couple of times my son has used my Jeep did bother me somewhat but he brought it back exactly like it was when he left except for the added miles so I guess that's not bad.

My wife seems to be the exact opposite. The covids have her working from home most of the time and with the weather being so bad lately I've taken her Subaru a few times but she's not happy about that. It's almost like I took her JK which will never see salt/slush.

Reactions: DrDmoney and pc1p
Not married, but I only own manual trans vehicles... so that keeps he gf from even aking.

I think my wife is too afraid to drive my TJ in fear that she might mess something up and she knows how important it is to me :LOL:
Yea, my wife won't drive mine either after I lifted it. She drives a 2014 Tacoma which I will say is a much better daily driver, especially in the snow, so I'd prefer she stick with that.

Reactions: Chris
Uh yeah.
No one touches my guitars.
They are locked in a safe..

But you can look!
I'm a big Taylor guitar and PRS guitar fans

View attachment 226926

View attachment 226927

View attachment 226928

View attachment 226929

View attachment 226930
Paul Reed Smith is an amazing story. He dared to bring quality back when Gibson and Fender started to back off. Started in a little loft I believe ... His instruments are absolutely art work, and Taylor guitars as well.

I have a Takamine, and a strat, but will forever miss my Blonde Les Paul Custom I let slip away years a ago. Had speedwinders in the tuning knobs, they popped up when you squeezed them.

My playing isn't much, but like the TJ, the escape, getting in the zone, making the noise of life go away works wonders.

Good post.

Reactions: Modoc Guy
Not married, but I only own manual trans vehicles... so that keeps he gf from even aking.
1613580013136.png

Y’all are slipping if your women can’t drive a stick! Taught the daughter (17 now) how to in our TJ, I enjoy the fact she can drive it when most everyone she knows has no clue.

off topic I know...sorry

Reactions: 02SteelBlue
This thread reminds me of one of my favorite Chris Rock bits where he talks about how he had never gotten an ass beating so bad as when he went in his dad's bedside table drawer looking for something. He said all his dad had in there were cigarettes, some change, and some old stamps. The point, however, was that his bedside drawer was the LAST thing in the house that he had to himself. Everything else in his life had been taken over by his wife & all his kids, and when his drawer space was violated he just lost it.

Y’all are slipping if your women can’t drive a stick! Taught the daughter (17 now) how to in our TJ, I enjoy the fact she can drive it when most everyone she knows has no clue.

off topic I know...sorry
This reminds me of a time I was talking to a family friend, he was somewhat newly married and I hadn’t met her yet. Anyway he had sold an older DSM eclipse manual because his new wife couldn’t drive it... I started to say “oh come on man, that thing was nice... why didn’t you teach her” all the while my other friend was nudging me. Apparently she was missing an arm... foot in mouth syndrome for sure that day

This reminds me of a time I was talking to a family friend, he was somewhat newly married and I hadn’t met her yet. Anyway he had sold an older DSM eclipse manual because his new wife couldn’t drive it... I started to say “oh come on man, that thing was nice... why didn’t you teach her” all the while my other friend was nudging me. Apparently she was missing an arm... foot in mouth syndrome for sure that day
Incredible :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DWR
All I gotta say is there's a buncha little bitches up in this here thread.
I was thinking the same thing.

I had to buy my wife a rav4 because she has no desire to drive the LJ. I don't blame her, explaining when to turn OD on and off her eyes glaze over and she starts looking for nearest exit point. We hadn't even made it to the how to shift the Atlas into 4wd high yet.

We grew up fairly poor - I'm talking welfare lines and government white-jar peanut butter poor early in my life. As a result, I had a strong - and IMO an unhealthy - attachment to the few things I had growing up. Thankfully, my mom and dad busted their asses and through some good fortune were able to take our family from poor to financially-comfortable middle class (back when there was such a thing). I quickly gave up the "mine mentality" and found much more enjoyment sharing things. That attitude reigns through to today.

I love letting people drive my rigs, use my tools, etc. I do get antsy if people don't return them but honestly that hasn't happened in quite some time. My son will likely inherit my TJ when it comes time for him and I'm sure my daughter will want to drive it. The TJ was actually supposed to be for my daughter, though she is now more interested in an older "cruiser" (she really wants a 64' Dodge Dart for some reason) or VW Bus. The only thing I get worried about is my computer. It's what I work on and do personal things on (like video and photo editing) - I'm not attached to it at all, I just don't want to deal with the hassle of replacing/repairing it :)