Am I missing a spring or something on the clutch linkage?

Blondie70

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
New guy here and no pics up yet. Just bought a 2000 TJ yesterday. Manual 5 speed and 4 banger engine
Can anyone tell me if I am missing a spring or something on the clutch linkage ? There is a lot of slop at the top
of the clutch linkage. I can put my toe under it and pick it up about 3 or 4 inches, it seems. (this is when driving or just sitting
there.
I am fixing up the little things I am finding wrong with it.
Thanks for the help.
Pete in South MS

If needed, I can get a pic of the clutch....but it will be a couple days till I can.
It's just a plain ole clutch pedal.

The clutch is operating fine. The pedal is lower than the brake pedal. I can lift it up with my foot so it is where is is supposed to be. A lot of slack at the top of the pedal travel.
Thanks

On my '06 I've got about an inch of play above the pedal resting height. The upper limit is a hard stop so I don't think the travel is spring-limited.

Thanks gents. I got a good look at it today. Have to almost stand on your head to see it. Both pedals, brake and clutch are the same height, but the clutch has lots of slack in the linkage upwards from resting height. It is strange, but ain't hurting anything. I see no way to get the slack out, so I am going to try to forget about it...ha ha ha
Thanks for your help guys.
Pete