Amazon Smile

1904-06LJR

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So while lurking around the Forum (Chris' words, not mine) I see a lot of reference to purchasing off Amazon. Did you all know that if you use Amazon Smile, a portion of your purchase is donated to a charity of your choice? I personally donate to the Rubicon Trail Foundation but there's a ton of them out there if you do a little searching.

RTF has always had our back in regards to keeping the Rubicon trail open, maintained and safe for all of us to enjoy. Money well donated in my opinion... Unfortunately, there's no App based Amazon Smile so you'll either have to use your home computer or buy "online" with your phone (Amazon App and Amazon Smile will sync if you are logged in, so I usually search stuff on the App and buy later at home). Any way, here's some direction if you're interested:

AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.

Amazon Smile Set-up Instructions
  1. Step 1: In your internet browser go to smile.amazon.com and log in using your Amazon credentials.
  2. Step 2: After signing in, you will be directed to the below page.
  3. Step 3: Under the heading “Or pick your own charitable organization” enter “Rubicon Trail Foundation” then click “Search”
--Sorry if I put this in the wrong spot.

So while lurking around the Forum (Chris' words, not mine) I see a lot of reference to purchasing off Amazon. Did you all know that if you use Amazon Smile, a portion of your purchase is donated to a charity of your choice? I personally donate to the Rubicon Trail Foundation but there's a ton of them out there if you do a little searching.

RTF has always had our back in regards to keeping the Rubicon trail open, maintained and safe for all of us to enjoy. Money well donated in my opinion... Unfortunately, there's no App based Amazon Smile so you'll either have to use your home computer or buy "online" with your phone (Amazon App and Amazon Smile will sync if you are logged in, so I usually search stuff on the App and buy later at home). Any way, here's some direction if you're interested:

AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.

Amazon Smile Set-up Instructions
  1. Step 1: In your internet browser go to smile.amazon.com and log in using your Amazon credentials.
  2. Step 2: After signing in, you will be directed to the below page.
  3. Step 3: Under the heading “Or pick your own charitable organization” enter “Rubicon Trail Foundation” then click “Search”
--Sorry if I put this in the wrong spot.
I did it for awhile and then saw the accounting. I spent something like 87 bazillion and they contributed like 4 bucks. I lost interest after that.

Reactions: Apparition
True, 0.5% isn't a lot. I just checked and after about a year, I've donated a little over $10. But I see no difference in websites so I don't mind.

True, 0.5% isn't a lot. I just checked and after about a year, I've donated a little over $10. But I see no difference in websites so I don't mind.
I don't mind but it was a hassle since we have a business account to put something in the cart, back out, go back in under the Smile section and check out.