Another breather tube?

jeep_boss

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Thought I was out of the breather tube relocation business, then tonight - just as I'm getting ready to call it a night, I see a little nylon breather cap staring at me from the top of my transmission bell housing. Is this for the transmission? That would bring the total to four, right?

2A2DDE20-6798-4603-890D-8807DFB1B293.jpeg

Hmm very interesting but in my case that one was for my transfer case. My 2006 NSG370 had no breather hose instead it has a plastic cap.
It had total of 3, front axle, rear axle and transfer case.

View attachment 31212
So you did a conversion, right, and extended the breathers?

I had asked around multiple times in forums back then and no one gave me the answer. I even asked a trans guy who was part of the club and he never gave me the answer either. I took that pic when I had to replace my clutch and there it was a breather cap instead of a hose.

Reactions: JMT
Ill be doing this conversion ASAP. I forgot about it. Thanks

Reactions: JeepNWilly
Ill be doing this conversion ASAP. I forgot about it. Thanks

Yup simple fix I wish I has done when I started wheeling it in 2006 few months after driving it from the dealer.
Now I am just waiting for my trans to die a slow death. Since warranty expired it has been slowly dying.

1st pops out, 3rd pops out and grinds, 4th grinds, 5th grinds 6th is hard to shift into.
2nd grinds when shifting from 1st or down shifting into it. since my 4.88 gears I don't use 1st so no issues with 2nd as long as I start of with it lol

Reactions: JMT