Another (but hopefully different) SYE question

Foxhound67

Fix it till it's broken
Supporting Member
So I'm buying parts in prep for my lift (Currie, very excited) and had a question about the SYE, or more specifically the driveshaft. Question: Is the length difference of the DS between lifted 4" and not lifted enough that I'd have to order a new one after the lift? I'd like to do all the supporting stuff first, but installing the SYE and getting a CV DS only to have to order another driveshaft post lift would make me wait and do those things together.

I feel like I'm not being clear enough, so I'll ask like this. If I install a SYE and CV DS now, will I need another DS after I lift it 4"?

I think the 4" lift will make enough difference that you'll need a different DS. But the best person to ask is Shawn Wood at Tom Wood's. He's extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. https://4xshaft.com/ 801-737-0757

So I'm buying parts in prep for my lift (Currie, very excited) and had a question about the SYE, or more specifically the driveshaft. Question: Is the length difference of the DS between lifted 4" and not lifted enough that I'd have to order a new one after the lift? I'd like to do all the supporting stuff first, but installing the SYE and getting a CV DS only to have to order another driveshaft post lift would make me wait and do those things together.

I feel like I'm not being clear enough, so I'll ask like this. If I install a SYE and CV DS now, will I need another DS after I lift it 4"?

Wait and measure.

Reactions: HornedToad
Tom Woods has done so many driveshafts for 4” lifted Jeeps that they could recommend a length and it would be perfectly fine. They are super knowledgeable.

Reactions: P man
Tom Woods has done so many driveshafts for 4” lifted Jeeps that they could recommend a length and it would be perfectly fine. They are super knowledgeable.

Yeah, we know the usual length too, but he doesn’t know his actual lift height.