Another fog light conundrum

Mclovin

Supporting Member
I have a 2001 Sahara with factory fog lights. Since I have had it the fog lights come on with the headlights. Never bothered me, but I put led headlights in and either need to replace the fog lights with leds or get them to turn off. The color difference bothers my OCD, kinda kidding but not really.

Here is what I have. …

turn on the headlights fog lights come on (complete with instrument cluster symbol)
high beams the fog lights and symbol stay on
installed a multi function switch (for other reasons but) …
pull the fog light function on the multi function switch and fog lights get a little brighter.

Any ideas on getting this to work as intended? Or should I just call this an upgrade to factory function and get some led lights to replace the factory fog lights?

thanks for any input. I tried the search function and found every other problem but not this one.

Cobey

Sounds like someone rewired them directly into the headlights. I did that to a set years ago. Our state laws require them to shut off when the high beams are on to pass inspection.

Last edited:
Have you checked the PDC?? Sometimes people install the fog-light jumper wires and don't do it correctly...

As for the color, I put yellow lamin-x film on my halogen fogs to make the difference in color appear intentional, instead of both trying to be white and the fogs just failing at it.

Reactions: TheGanzman
Just buy matching color temp bulbs for the fog light housings if the color mis-match bothers you; that’s what I did.

B4891BBF-5D84-4599-A8EF-C604C15F823C.jpeg