Another LJ Rubicon with low miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly with these if you find the exact one the price is what the price is. Silver is still one of my favorite LJ colors, and to find a clean low mileage one is tough. Sometimes you just have to pony up and get it done. You can sell yours obviously to offset the cost of this so that won’t hurt too bad. Go for it man!

I will add that there was a silver 14k mile hemi LJR built by AEV on eBay couple months ago for 28k....I know it sucks waiting for the perfect deal to come along lol. If you buy this one there will be another that pops up that you will end up liking more that’s just how it goes.

Reactions: skrelnik
Looks pretty sweet to me. And @Starrs is right. Trying to find a clean, low mileage LJ is not easy. But hey. You've got all year. Maybe next. ;)

It's exhausting man. I'd try to talk them down. If you can make a cash offer you might get them to bite. What is it really worth? 22k? You have to ask yourself what your times worth. Pouring over CL, ebay and the forums for another year. I got lucky on my Jeep as it hit the very low ball price point I was looking for.

But had I found something within 20% of what it's worth. You could easily talk yourself into paying the premium. They are hard to find. that's why it's priced so high. And it's at a car lot. That makes it even harder. Unless it's a Toyota dealer or some brand not associated with Jeep. They generally have a hard time getting rid of non brand cars on a different brand lot. In that situation they're more likely to deal. As no one is going to look for a Jeep at a Toyota lot.

Reactions: Starrs
As far as a "car lot". I dont consider it that. They say all inventory is stored inside and showed by appointment only. I call them Jeep flippers. I just wish I could buy it for what they paid for it from the original owner.

As far as a "car lot". I dont consider it that. They say all inventory is stored inside and showed by appointment only. I call them Jeep flippers. I just wish I could buy it for what they paid for it from the original owner.
He’s always got a great selection. He is like Redrock Motors in TX, but not near as polite and nice as rick is. This guy is kind of a jack hole. I called on a white 2006 LJR when I was looking last year, and kind of blew me off and wouldn’t answer any of my questions. I’m sure he gets calls all the time, but when your dealing out of state I need details that pics can’t give me. Just food for thought.

I just guessed at it being a car lot. From the pics and website layout. That sucks. Sounds like guys that are looking for top dollar.

I can say from personal experience that finding one that checks all the boxes can take a long time. Sometimes you get lucky and find one right away, and sometimes you spend two years looking for one.
It took me two years to find my LJR, and I almost didn't pull the trigger on it because of the price, but I'm glad I did! If this one checks all of your boxes and you can get a price that your happy with, then go for it!

I can say from personal experience that finding one that checks all the boxes can take a long time. Sometimes you get lucky and find one right away, and sometimes you spend two years looking for one.
It took me two years to find my LJR, and I almost didn't pull the trigger on it because of the price, but I'm glad I did! If this one checks all of your boxes and you can get a price that your happy with, then go for it!
I dont think this one is any better than the one you recently bought and from what I remember, you got if for quite a bit less than they are asking. And.... I thought you were crazy to pay that much. :)

He’s always got a great selection. He is like Redrock Motors in TX, but not near as polite and nice as rick is. This guy is kind of a jack hole. I called on a white 2006 LJR when I was looking last year, and kind of blew me off and wouldn’t answer any of my questions. I’m sure he gets calls all the time, but when your dealing out of state I need details that pics can’t give me. Just food for thought.

I hate dipsh*ts like that. Last week I found a car I wanted to buy, and the price was so high I thought it was a typo. I inquired as to why the price was so high, via text, and was told because it was the last year they made that color, which was in 2016. I then proceeded to build the same car, but a 2019, on the Dodge website and took a picture of the same color car, texted to them, and asked what they were talking about....no response came back. I do want to head to the dealership just to see what happens...but yeah, car salespeople suck, but to their credit, they deal with a bunch of a-holes on a daily basis.

With LJs it’s jush a matter of how high you want to go and are comfortable with. Everybody’s situation is different, and if you do find that ONE that you honestly can’t live without I get the justification with overspending. Owning a vehicle you truly enjoy driving topless and doorless is priceless. Hard to put a tag on something as cool as owning a Jeep honestly.

*** I’ve spent a small fortune on AEV tj parts so I get it haha. My mint condition Tj Bridgers I had on my tj cost me 2 large. Was that stoopid...yes, but I had the money and I had to have them. So I pulled the trigger haha.

Yea I'm not gonna lie, I really had a hard time spending that much money on a 15 year old jeep! I still get a bit queasy thinking about it! Lol
I'm just hoping by some miracle that it won't be completely worthless if I ever try to sell it or trade it.

My biggest fear is that people are going to embrace the JK's and JL's and no one will want and old LJR anymore! I really hope that's not going to be the case tho.
But, I keep it in the garage and keep it clean so that if I ever do decide to sell it, hopefully it will be still worth something.

My biggest fear is that people are going to embrace the JK's and JL's and no one will want and old LJR anymore! I really hope that's not going to be the case tho.
But, I keep it in the garage and keep it clean so that if I ever do decide to sell it, hopefully it will be still worth something.
There will always be somebody that wants a clean LJR. JKs arnt all that bad haha. I still love a nice LJR, but a jk rubicon with stock 4.10s and 285 HP stock isn’t terrible lol

Reactions: Camdenst
Status
Not open for further replies.