Another member, this time overseas from europe

Santiou

Hello, my name is Santi and i have a '97 tj sport 4.0 with a '06 tj rubicon axle swap. Im from Spain, on Europe.

Im ready to help others like me on the forum. I have made an unusual axle swap over here, where are more common the nissan patrol axle swaps under the TJs and Jks, so i can help others to solve questions about it.

How did you source a set of Rubicon axles in Europe? I'm assuming you had to have them shipped there or something, since Europe never got the TJ Rubicon.

Anyways, welcome to the forum, glad to have another member from Europe! Are there any good places to go off-roading in Spain?

Reactions: Santiou
Hello chris, In europe, had the rubicon on markets from 04 to 06, i pull out these pair of axles from a 06 that want to upgrade to Jk rubi axles to have more width without using spacers, and without sacrificing the steering.

About this i thought to import some Dana 60 from USA, but i cant afford that swap, in money is more reliable the Patrol GQ and GU axle swap, put some ARB lockers and done. Other parts for Jeep are allways imported from USA with an overprice of about 25% on it.

Im from the nothwhest of spain, rainy and greener than the other rest of my country, little bit of similar wheather like UK/ireland and with similar terrain.

At this time of the year here we have snow above 1400-1500 meters high. And in this place of the country offroading doesnt have so much law pursuit. Other parts have permanent banned offroading, to 4x4 buggy or enduro bikes.

In Galicia, where i live, we use firewalls, rural paths of dirt, and some outpaths to offroad. We have in my county and near; a 4x4 organized routes circuit begining on late october until late april for 4x4, some quadbikes and enduro bikes, and most enthusiasts have there, a common meeting point at this organizated routes.

Reactions: Chris
Hello chris, In europe, had the rubicon on markets from 04 to 06, i pull out these pair of axles from a 06 that want to upgrade to Jk rubi axles to have more width without using spacers, and without sacrificing the steering.

About this i thought to import some Dana 60 from USA, but i cant afford that swap, in money is more reliable the Patrol GQ and GU axle swap, put some ARB lockers and done. Other parts for Jeep are allways imported from USA with an overprice of about 25% on it.

Im from the nothwhest of spain, rainy and greener than the other rest of my country, little bit of similar wheather like UK/ireland and with similar terrain.

At this time of the year here we have snow above 1400-1500 meters high. And in this place of the country offroading doesnt have so much law pursuit. Other parts have permanent banned offroading, to 4x4 buggy or enduro bikes.

In Galicia, where i live, we use firewalls, rural paths of dirt, and some outpaths to offroad. We have in my county and near; a 4x4 organized routes circuit begining on late october until late april for 4x4, some quadbikes and enduro bikes, and most enthusiasts have there, a common meeting point at this organizated routes.

Yes, I imagine importing parts from the U.S. isn't cheap. Here in the U.S., parts are readily available for Wranglers, but I suppose it's probably more difficult to get replacement parts overseas.

It sounds like you live in a good place. Even here in the U.S., you have to be careful where you go off-roading, as only certain areas are designated for it. But I've heard in some places like England and such, they are really strict on where you can off-road, more-so than other places.

I didn't realize they ever offered the TJ Rubicon overseas. I thought they only brought them to the U.S.

A popular swap I'm seeing a lot more of in the U.S. is putting the JK Dana 44 axles under the TJ. It takes some custom fabrication and a lot of work, but it can be done! They're also very strong axles as well from what I hear.

Reactions: Santiou
About parts, yes. Here they are some import and dealers shops. But only few by each country.... about 6 or 8 here in spain. Depending all from the country import dealer, but selling at the same prices. And by distance from here in galicia, we have portugal right here could say. (GALICIA is just above portugal in the map, even our galician language is between portuguese and spanish) so by distance at some points can arrange with portuguese dealers to buy some parts they are more involved like racing parts or high performance parts like rcvs or aluminium wheels etc.

Portugal even have their own competition on the KOH franchise. And all pilots say its one of the bests races on all europe course of KOH.

About prices, yes, they are a little expensive than US prices. A common rule is the price in dollars in the US, that number in Euros +25% on imports fees and transport fees. Some parts i personally buy on US websites and then arrange transport and pay the import fees at the arrival here to us. Its expensive offroading on a jeep thing. But 100% satisfying.

Ola !!....Welcome to the forum.
Beautiful country Spain, I have cousins who live about 100km inland from Barcelona.
You will need to send us some pics of your Jeep and where you go off-road.

Hola! Bien Venidos para los Estados Unidos! Estoy en Colorado y tengo un 2006 LJR.

I apologize, that’s as far as I am in my Spanish learning. Happy to have you here! Hoping in the future I can better speak in Spanish, it’s rather common in my area. Excited to see pictures of your ride!

Thanks for the welcome, I have a very limited english speach too. But at least for reading and understanding the 90%; i can do it. I apologize if i make some mistakes writting english. Soon i will post some photos!

Reactions: rasband and Kiwi TJ