Another newbie from Texas

SaharaJim

Supporting Member
Been lurking for a while, not sure why I have not joined before now. Born and raised in Georgia, lived in South Carolina for 6 years, now in Pflugerville, TX for the past 2 years. Longtime Wrangler owner, bought my first one new in 1991, a green Sahara, now drive a white 1999 Sahara 4.0 5 speed, mostly stock, H & R springs, Bilstein 5100s, 4.10 gearing, TrueTracs front and rear, 31x10.50x15 tires, currently at 241,000 miles and still going strong.

IMG_0775.JPG

Great Jeep. Looks nice and everything is done right. Welcome to the forum from a fellow TX Jeeper!

Reactions: StG58 and Nicholas
I like that it looks almost stock but very capable underneath... welcome and glad you pulled the trigger to join.Look forward to you input

Reactions: StG58
Great looking Sahara, and welcome to the forum! We've got a lot of Texas folks on here, that's for sure.

Reactions: StG58
Welcome! Nice Sahara. Gotta be a bear to keep clean.

5 speed. Check.
H&R springs. Check
Bilstein shocks. Check
Truetracs. Check
31x10.50's on factory rims. Check

You're golden! Let's go wheelin'!

Man, we're getting as many Texans on the board now as folks from the PNW. Good. Keeps us webfeet honest.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris
Welcome! Nice Sahara. Gotta be a bear to keep clean.

5 speed. Check.
H&R springs. Check
Bilstein shocks. Check
Truetracs. Check
31x10.50's on factory rims. Check

You're golden! Let's go wheelin'!

Man, we're getting as many Texans on the board now as folks from the PNW. Good. Keeps us webfeet honest.

Not as hard to keep clean in Texas as it was in Georgia, that red clay stains whatever it touches. Main problem around here is all the limestone, tires pick up lots of little pieces and bounce them of the underside. Wheelin is scarce around here, very little public land, have to pay to play. Same thing with doing a little target practice. Trying to find someone that owns some property and likes to shoot as much as I do, and become good friends with them. Have a friend in Georgia that owns 100 acres that lies in a valley and could not be more perfect for target practice, dead flat for 120 yards, then a gentle rise for another 300+ yards with a tall ridge for a natural backstop.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Not as hard to keep clean in Texas as it was in Georgia, that red clay stains whatever it touches. Main problem around here is all the limestone, tires pick up lots of little pieces and bounce them of the underside. Wheelin is scarce around here, very little public land, have to pay to play. Same thing with doing a little target practice. Trying to find someone that owns some property and likes to shoot as much as I do, and become good friends with them. Have a friend in Georgia that owns 100 acres that lies in a valley and could not be more perfect for target practice, dead flat for 120 yards, then a gentle rise for another 300+ yards with a tall ridge for a natural backstop.
Come on up here! Almost 2/3 of the state is public land, or at least publicly accessible, and outside of the "special" human reserves, most everyone owns a firearm even if they don't shoot on a regular basis. Hell, my boss's boss made us hamburgers tonight for a kickoff celebration and the first thing she asked me was "been shooting lately? ".

Reactions: Chris