Another Northern California Jeeper

lowranger

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I found this forum on a rainy day when I was poking around looking at Jeep TJ stuff. Glad I found it, seems like a great forum. I posted a few things on here before I found this New Member Welcome thread.
Born and raised in Northern California. Not new to Jeeping. My first Jeep was a 1944 I bought when I got out of the service. Bought for hunting. Since then I've had a 1974 CJ-5, a 1988 YJ and now my current Jeep is a 2000 TJ. I've added a few things to it since I've had it. On board air, electric rear locker, CB, front roll cage and a few other things. Found an old Jeep trailer and fixed it up to tow behind the Jeep for camping trips.
Red Jeep.png

Welcome, and glad to see another Northern California jeeper. That's one of the only few pictures I've seen of someone actually driving with their windshield folded down. Pretty cool. Like others have said this is a great community of jeepers.

Welcome, and glad to see another Northern California jeeper. That's one of the only few pictures I've seen of someone actually driving with their windshield folded down. Pretty cool. Like others have said this is a great community of jeepers.
I've been laying the windshields down on my Jeeps every since I had my 1944 Jeep back in 1973.

Reactions: Chris
Really cool, I like the matching trailer as well, that's awesome!

Glad you found the forum as well, we seem to have a good bunch of guys here.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Good! Have any of you met up or planned a Jeep trip together?

Not as of the moment, but I think with everyone living all over the US, it might be sort of difficult. Well, either that or it would take at least a year or two of planning in advance so that everyone could clear their schedules and organize a long trip. It would be cool though! I'll have to give that some serious thought.

I also got the kit so I can have the windshield of my Samurai lay down. Fixing it up for hunting. Street legal side by side. :)

Reactions: Chris
The Sami is pretty cool. Like you said, street legal side by side. Little lift, some 31's, and lockers and they are wheelers.

Yep, one of those Samurais would make a great street legal side-by-side.

Because lately I've really been wanting a side-by-side, but I know how tempted I would be to drive it on the street, haha!

Yep, one of those Samurais would make a great street legal side-by-side.

Because lately I've really been wanting a side-by-side, but I know how tempted I would be to drive it on the street, haha!
My wife and I have been several places with our Rzr, where they don't care if you drive on the street. For example ... Mackay Idaho...I love that place!
DSCN0349.JPG

Reactions: Chris and UpperMI