Another one of my guitars I had custom made for me

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I finished putting together another one of my guitars I had custom made for me (to my specs). I just finished building it today after the body and neck arrived a while back. Everything on the guitar was spec'd by my, from the wood, down to the pickups.

I snapped some photos today using my kitchen floor as the background (worked out nicely, huh)?

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

It truly is a work of art! The exotic woods I picked just turned out gorgeous!

I'd be afraid to play it, it's so gorgeous! Always wanted to learn how to play, but, life and my laziness got in the way.

Reactions: Chris
Nice Chris. Some serious work has gone into that. WOW

Thanks, it turned out better than I expected. It's a Wenge neck, Zebrawood laminate top, and a Swamp Ash body. Sounds absolutely killer!

Very, very nice! Did you do the staining/burst on the body and headstock too?

No, I wish I had those skills! I told them what color to paint it (honey burst) and to make it have the matching headstock, but they did the painting.

Basically I spec'd out every single wood, part, etc., then had them build it. They sent me all the parts (i.e. body, neck, hardware, etc.) in a box, and I had to assemble the thing.

Very nice! I had a custom acoustic electric made several years ago by Taylor Guitars. They have a build-to-order program. Turned out beautifully also.

Reactions: Chris