Another Rock Slider Question

JMT

Just another auto...
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I have five kids, two of whom are pretty small, so I have the Rampage step bar for them to get in (it helps me too and the wife). I’ve researched the hound dog out of Rock Sliders. I like the Savvy and Genright mini boat sliders. However, the step is just too high. So I was thinking I could leave the Rampage on for DD, get a slider without the step, then just remove the Rampage when I go wheelin. Does that sound reasonable? If so, anyone know of a slider WITHOUT A STEP that has a DOUBLE BEND and is TUB MOUNTED?

I have five kids, two of whom are pretty small, so I have the Rampage step bar for them to get in (it helps me too and the wife). I’ve researched the hound dog out of Rock Sliders. I like the Savvy and Genright mini boat sliders. However, the step is just too high. So I was thinking I could leave the Rampage on for DD, get a slider without the step, then just remove the Rampage when I go wheelin. Does that sound reasonable? If so, anyone know of a slider WITHOUT A STEP that has a DOUBLE BEND and is TUB MOUNTED?
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=132600352523

Not a double bend, but it’s nice.

Reactions: JMT
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
It sounds like you want a slider, but also want to keep a step for you and your family.

Have you looked into a removable trail step? There are several options out there from a saddle step to the Rock Hard 4x4 step. My father uses the Rock Hard one, and it works very well. That would give you the best of both worlds.

Reactions: JMT
It sounds like you want a slider, but also want to keep a step for you and your family.

Have you looked into a removable trail step? There are several options out there from a saddle step to the Rock Hard 4x4 step. My father uses the Rock Hard one, and it works very well. That would give you the best of both worlds.
Great, good solution I was unaware of. Very helpful!

I guess you just keep it handy and put it on and take it off? You can’t drive with it on can you? Doesn’t look like the door would shut

Last edited:
Reactions: Serbonze