Another Tube Fender install

Carvblaster

Took me about 4 hours for the first one, then 2 for the second one...came out decent
6a1dc4816bebac5c00988771098797cb.jpg
dffa00690d129483d056c4fb904c02f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were the Paramount Brand...cheaper than the others, but surprisingly very well made. Had to replace the drives side "jeep rust " fender, so went with these...giving them a try...I'll keep everyone updated on how well they stand up for elements...thanks for asking!

Reactions: Chris and StG58
They were the Paramount Brand...cheaper than the others, but surprisingly very well made. Had to replace the drives side "jeep rust " fender, so went with these...giving them a try...I'll keep everyone updated on how well they stand up for elements...thanks for asking!

These look just like my barricade flat fenders. This biggest question mark is how the powder coat holds up over time but nothing some spray paint can't fix.

As for turn signals I converted the turn signals that were on the fenders into LEDs and put them into the provided holes up front. I then removed the side marker bulbs and just taped them off with electrical and duct tape. If you leave those side markers as is (don't cut off the bulb housing) you will maintain the factory ground configuration. Then all you need is an LED flasher relay and you will be good to go.

Does Paramount make a matching style fender for the rear? Also, how do the hood latches mount to that fender?

I have the new LEDs arriving today, thanks for the tip on the side marker lights. I had to get new latches since I had to cut one bolt because it spun on me. You just use the existing holes from underneath from the existing dense as a template.

IMG_7215.JPG

Reactions: FTI76
I have the new LEDs arriving today, thanks for the tip on the side marker lights. I had to get new latches since I had to cut one bolt because it spun on me. You just use the existing holes from underneath from the existing dense as a template.

Hopefully you ordered the 3 wire LEDs. If you connect them to the front pair of flashers the connections I used are as follows

JEEP \ LED

Black = White
Black\Yellow = Black
Tan or Green = Red

Did you order an LED flasher module? You will need one of those to remedy the hyper flash.

Reactions: Chris
No I didn't order the flasher module...I didn't do my homework, rushed order...I'll have to check the lights when I get home. Thanks very much for the help...do you have part number or vendor where you got yours?
  1. You want dual function led which will work as both running light and a flasher, I think the ones your ordered have only 2 wires based on the photo
  2. There are 4 and 5 pin flasher relays - what year is your TJ?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
The LEDs are definitely good but I don’t know if that flasher relay will work or not. If it doesn’t specifically list it works with your model year I can’t guarantee it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro