Another "which tire thread" (31" M/T)

matkal

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Looking for a set of midpriced 31" mud tires, trying to stay in the $150-170 price range.
So far I've been looking at:
*Maxxis M764 Buckshot Mudder
*Yokohama Geolander MT
*Cooper Evolution MT.

I can find them at or close to my price range plus mount and balance. So my questions are, any of these notably better than the other? Any notably worse? I don't want Federal or Patagonia, etc, any other tires you'd recommend? Good places to buy from? I've looked at Walmart, Discount tire, simple tire ......... and Tyre Gator which had some really horrible reviews.

I have the General Grabber x3

Really happy with them so far.
Those are on my short list for when I need tires. Have you run anything else on the TJ to compare from a road noise standpoint? I'm curious how much louder they are than ATs... or if there's really any difference with a soft top.

Been doing more research and I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Yoko. I was really looking at the general but I'm out on the red letters, I don't even like white letters. Another plus for me is that the local gas station/mechanic/tire shop sells Yoko's, gonna see what he sells them for.

Since price is your driving force it seems...

Kenda Klever MT is what you want.

Good luck.
I looked at those and honestly I don't think the name is ....... very clever. Ha ha.
As far as price being my concern, yes it is. I don't put many miles on my TJ so the tires will rot before I wear them out and as much of a function over looks kind of guy I am, I'm choosing tires by looks and price. I think TJs look best with mud tires and the Yoko's fit that bill. I would probably buy the Kenda's but I can't get past the name.

I looked at those and honestly I don't think the name is ....... very clever. Ha ha.
As far as price being my concern, yes it is. I don't put many miles on my TJ so the tires will rot before I wear them out and as much of a function over looks kind of guy I am, I'm choosing tires by looks and price. I think TJs look best with mud tires and the Yoko's fit that bill. I would probably buy the Kenda's but I can't get past the name.
Then get the cheapest no name off amazon/ebay CL

Ummmmm....

I got nothing

Reactions: 1o1proof
Why would the name a manufacturer gives to a hunk of rubber, influence in anyway whatsoever, whether you would buy it and put it on your jeep?

If it’s a good tire, at a good price, who cares about the name of a TIRE

Why would the name a manufacturer gives to a hunk of rubber, influence in anyway whatsoever, whether you would buy it and put it on your jeep?

If it’s a good tire, at a good price, who cares about the name of a TIRE
I’m sure it’s a perfectly fine tire I just don’t like the name. The more important question is why do you care that I care?
Why do people like one color and not another color? I honestly don’t care if other ppl like what I like, I’m long over getting butt hurt about such things.

The Yokos look great!
D4553BD4-F676-44AA-92EA-BC87610CA5F1.jpeg

Reactions: custommuffler
I've got forceum M/T 08's on mine. They are an indonesian tire available online from priority tire and Amazon. Walmart also carries them.
Mine only have 5k on them and show no wear yet, they are quiet on the road and do well in the rain. Have only had them trail riding so can't comment on how they do in gumbo mud.
I'd buy them again, 265 75r16's run $150 at Walmart or amazon

Milestar Patagonia MT. Hands down the best value in a MT. Go look around on Instagram or FB and see how many built Jeeps are running them.