Another Tire Thread 😉

That pic helps. Not sure I can go down to that.
My 35's aren't too far off 33" at 26psi 😉
20200916_220412.jpg

Hmmm, why do I keep staying away from BFG’s?

EDIT: Just looked up the Specs, they are only 32.5”. That’s one of the smallest 33’s I’ve seen.

General Grabber X3 has a full 33” spec in their 33x10.5
MAxxix Razr is 32.8”
It doesnt really bother me that they arent an EXACT 33, I like how they perform with my setup, I think next Im gonna go with cooper STT Pros as for 35/12.50/15. How do you like them? I hear they dont wear well on the street. Their 35 is about 34.6 i believe which is good enough for me lol

It doesnt really bother me that they arent an EXACT 33, I like how they perform with my setup, I think next Im gonna go with cooper STT Pros as for 35/12.50/15. How do you like them? I hear they dont wear well on the street. Their 35 is about 34.6 i believe which is good enough for me lol
I love the Cooper STT Pro’s. I’ve got 24,000 on them now on a 5 tire rotation with 8-10/32’s of tread left.

The tires don’t have to be a true 33 for me either. It’s rare to find one. Your post just reminded me that KO‘s and KM’s run smaller than most. They do make a good tire though, and what matters most is they work well with your setup!

Reactions: D M and Alex01
My 35's aren't too far off 33" at 26psi 😉
View attachment 190423
You run BFG MT/R. I think they run a little small too. Of course, they’re squishing when you take that measurement. Maybe I should just go 35’s. Gears would still work pretty well. Some have preferred 456 with 35’s and the 6 speed. But then I have to buy axle shafts, currie coils, new shocks, et. Al

Reactions: Alex01
You run BFG MT/R. I think they run a little small too. Of course, they’re squishing when you take that measurement. Maybe I should just go 35’s. Gears would still work pretty well. Some have preferred 456 with 35’s and the 6 speed. But then I have to buy axle shafts, currie coils, new shocks, et. Al
While your jeep isn't far off an ideal setup for 35's it is a beast on 33s. You may also run into turning issues on the rocks and feel the need for hydro steering. It's definitely a rabbit hole.

Reactions: JMT
I love the Cooper STT Pro’s. I’ve got 24,000 on them now on a 5 tire rotation with 8-10/32’s of tread left.

The tires don’t have to be a true 33 for me either. It’s rare to find one. Your post just reminded me that KO‘s and KM’s run smaller than most. They do make a good tire though, and what matters most is they work well with your setup!
Nice!

I agree with you 100% on BFG making their tires a little on the small side. Thats why I wont go with the 35"KM3, if its off by under .5 or so it doesnt really bother me, but anything more than that kinda pisses me off because i dont want to pay for a 35" tire just to get a true 33

While your jeep isn't far off an ideal setup for 35's it is a beast on 33s. You may also run into turning issues on the rocks and feel the need for hydro steering. It's definitely a rabbit hole.
As usual, I think you’re right. I’m set up for 33’s. I’m having a hard time leaving the DC-2’s and a 12.5” wide tire. The DC-2’s have become a part of me and I’m afraid to leave them. At the same time I’m thinking I should move them to the XJ and put 31’s on it, get me some new wheels with 4.0 BS and some 33x12.5’s and move on. Hopefully a noble pursuit.

I've got my eyes on the 33x10.50 razrs as well. According to this thread they do run quite big for their stated size:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/maxxis-razr-33x10-50-15.1130972/
Interesting thread. What a rip off that KO2’s and KM3’s are so small relative to advertised diameters. I’m sticking with Razr’s. I almost want a 34” tire and my rig is built for it. I’d have to do a 17” wheel and metric equivalent to accomplish that. Whole different ball of wax.

Reactions: D M and Alex01
Interesting thread. What a rip off that KO2’s and KM3’s are so small relative to advertised diameters. I’m sticking with Razr’s. I almost want a 34” tire and my rig is built for it. I’d have to do a 17” wheel and metric equivalent to accomplish that. Whole different ball of wax.
Agreed. I am constantly wishing C load 16" or 34x11.50r15 tires existed. If you get the 33x10.50 razrs it would be awesome to see some pictures.

I recently got x3 Grabbers and a guy I wheel with just got the razrs. Both Tjs are fairly similar in setup..

I must say I think the Razrs performed better than the x3s in most conditions. The x3s were still great but the razrs we both felt did much better at staying stuck to rock.

We both were running 10 psi

I recently got x3 Grabbers and a guy I wheel with just got the razrs. Both Tjs are fairly similar in setup..

I must say I think the Razrs performed better than the x3s in most conditions. The x3s were still great but the razrs we both felt did much better at staying stuck to rock.

We both were running 10 psi
Thanks for that feedback. Really appreciate it. I have listened to reviews and got the impression that both were good but the razrs better