Any advice on installing full doors?

I disabled the interior door lock buttons of my half doors. I often lock my half doors. Because the internal locks do not function a thief can't reach in and open the door. If he can't open the door he can't steal them.

Assuming your topless. Otherwise they'll just slice the soft top to try to get to them.

Assuming your topless. Otherwise they'll just slice the soft top to try to get to them.
Still can’t get the doors though! Unless they steal the Jeep!

Reactions: PCO6
One tip if you have to adjust the hinges on the door is to use heat. I didn't know that the torx bolts have some sort of lock-tite on them from the factory. I used a breaker bar to adjust my half doors and ended up badly gouging the "hinge plate" part of the door. Every time a bolt broke free I couldn't control where the breaker bar went and I ended up grinding the end of the torx bit into the door, ruining the paint. The lock-tite that holds the torx bolts in is easily defeated by heat.
Wish I read this first. I tried turning the first torx bolt and ended up just turning all the paint in the torx bolt head then I quit. I try again with heat next time.

Wish I read this first. I tried turning the first torx bolt and ended up just turning all the paint in the torx bolt head then I quit. I try again with heat next time.

If your not sure about loctite. Try PB Blaster or something like that first. I put some on and I could move them a bit with a hammer. Then waited overnight. And the doors lifted right off the next day. No hammering at all.

If your not sure about loctite. Try PB Blaster or something like that first. I put some on and I could move them a bit with a hammer. Then waited overnight. And the doors lifted right off the next day. No hammering at all.
I mean as far as being able to adjust the door itself so it closes properly

I've read up more on this topic recently and should update my heat comment. Apparently it is not the loctite that causes issues, but the surface area of the bolt head in the countersunk hole. That large surface area locks the bolt pretty good. Adding PB blaster won't do anything because it is not the threads that are holding the bolt in. Adding heat works because of the different rates of the expansion between the bolt and the countersunk hole, the heat allows the large surface area to essentially break free because the two surfaces are expanding differently.

Heat is the absolute best solution and works very well, but I was wrong about the loctite. It is just the design of the bolt and time that locks it in.

Awesome! Your rig is really turning out. It is great to see out the window. I was worried about that when I was thinking of going to half doors and soft uppers with that stupid plastic window. I’d still like half doors. Maybe I’ll do trail doors. I like the UCF and the Savvy. When you get the flares painted it will really come together. I still need to sound deaden my tub. The 03-06 seats are about 1-2” shorter than the 97-02, so you may want seat risers, or not if you’re tall. I could barely see over the steering wheel. Anyway. I’m glad these doors worked out for you and hope Paypal resolved the other pieces of junk.

👍🏻UCF Trail Doors.

Reactions: JMT