Any advice on the best way to sell my 2006 LJ?

Throw it on CL. It will go fast. LJ’s go for a mint here in the PNW, if it’s rust free you’ll get your money back out of it.

Sold almost every vehicle I own on CL. Got a truck on there now and a boat! Lol

Good luck, it sounds like a nice Jeep!

x2

To answer op's original question I've had the most luck on Craigslist, but it's good to get as wide a spread as possible, it only takes one right buyer. This forum's for sale section and facebook marketplace has been growing a lot in popularity.

I think the most important thing is really work on your ad, clean it up nicely and take photos of everything in a scenic setting as professionally as you can, that can easily alter how much someone would pay for it.

Check out my ad here for my white sport which sold for a very good price the first full weekend it was available, a version of this ad was on FB and CL too.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/for-sale-2000-jeep-wrangler-sport.13070/

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick Flair
Ive used Craigslist a few times, you really have to wade thru the lowballers and scammers before you find the more serious folks willing to buy.

The vast majority of vehicle sales happen on CL these days. I'd list it there with lots of pics. And a couple of whatever is wrong with it. Even if it's a tiny ding in the paint. I always take sellers more seriously who list the good and the bad. Especially if the bad is small. And show the entire Jeep. Inside, out and underneath.

Before you sell. Search all the ads in your area and beyond. To get an idea of what you should be asking. Don't just list it for what you paid. It is most likely worth a lot more. Even two years out.

Always meet in a public place. Like a shopping center. Or in front the local Police station. Just to be safe.

Reactions: Rick Flair
The vast majority of vehicle sales happen on CL these days. I'd list it there with lots of pics. And a couple of whatever is wrong with it. Even if it's a tiny ding in the paint. I always take sellers more seriously who list the good and the bad. Especially if the bad is small. And show the entire Jeep. Inside, out and underneath.

Before you sell. Search all the ads in your area and beyond. To get an idea of what you should be asking. Don't just list it for what you paid. It is most likely worth a lot more. Even two years out.

Always meet in a public place. Like a shopping center. Or in front the local Police station. Just to be safe.
Thank you. Great advice