Any fishermen here?

Mike_H

autos are better - WRWD508
Supporting Member
We have a hunting thread, so why not a fishing thread? I fish a bit, try my hand at it all, but I probably panfish the most. Today I went out into lake Michigan salmon fishing. We only got two, but they were both monsters. The Chinook I caught was one of the biggest I've seen, let alone caught. I was geeked to get it into the boat. Close to 20 lbs and over 24" long.

download_20180729_152608.jpg

We have a hunting thread, so why not a fishing thread? I fish a bit, try my hand at it all, but I probably panfish the most. Today I went out into lake Michigan salmon fishing. We only got two, but they were both monsters. The Chinook I caught was one of the biggest I've seen, let alone caught. I was geeked to get it into the boat. Close to 20 lbs and over 24" long.
Nice job! I'm in Florida. I chase redfish, sharks and channel cats.

Yes fishing is one of my loves. I’m probably one of the longest in history beginner fisherpersons in the history of fishing. I’ve gone to many fishing shows, watched more fishing videos then I care to disclose, have paid a pro walleye woman to teach @Dave K. and i how to troll fish , and have some of the nicer equipment out there. Dave has just recently stopped calling me the one trick pony as I have weaned myself off of using a night crawler with a hook and split shot.
In my early days of fishing, I caught three muskies in one summer albeit one was only a couple inces long, I felt it was a sign of many great fishing days ahead and I was correct.
Honestly I enjoy catching just about any fish. Like many, the bigger the better.
My favorite eating fish is salmon or trout. I am fortunate that my dad owns some property that has a creek that the salmon spawn up every year. My goal is to someday soon learn how to troll on the big lake to catch them. Nice chinnock @Ranger_b0b !
I could go on and on with many really great fishing stories and some quite tragic, but I’m guessing it’s not as intriguing to most on this site . I’ll share a few favorite moments.
Here is the largest of the three muskies I caught. It was early in my fishing days and had no idea how to hold as they call muskies toothies and couldn’t use a traditional hold. So I put a choke hold on that big boy. He did live for someone else to enjoy catching. This was on caldron falls up north Wisconsin.
44F034E4-CD09-4F99-AA52-9288E4BC2D86.jpeg

Here is the smallest of the three muskies I caught. This was caught on silver lake, about 1/2mile from Dave’s house .
1908B5B1-FE60-496D-825F-A3F62D9D13FB.jpeg

Here is one of my favorites of @Dave K. losing a bet(everything is a competition with us when it comes to fishing), and him having to fish naked . We were on the bay of Green Bay.
4280214B-53D8-4141-A4F5-219374D00071.jpeg

This is buddy and I ice fishing which is one of the few things I enjoy when it’s 20 below outside. This is on caldron falls up north Wisconsin.
4D06F120-1F14-44D7-89D1-F0F94BD73D5E.jpeg

This is dave with two rescue squads and numerous ems workers tending to him at the biggest fishing series event that has come to Wisconsin, the bassmasters . It took them a while to get the hook that dave embedded into his hand. Let’s just say he would have been better off doing it himself. But they got it .
3985FA17-2D98-489B-A384-142B1B803663.jpeg

A really nice blue gill off my parents lake up north Wisconsin on my trusted night crawler set up :)
B674DCFA-981B-4FB8-B2F2-5A3BA0336031.jpeg

This is buddy and I out on a different lake about two miles from Daves. It was one of the best solo trips I’ve taken and was so proud of myself for launching, getting some great bass(not on a night crawler),and not tipping the canoe.
7E1E672A-DB7B-47DA-BCAF-A9B7706426F0.jpeg
C5838FB1-3481-4767-9BA9-95C34D0F3598.jpeg

Here is one load of fish we caught on my parents property on a creek that the trout and salmon spawn up. Yummy!
5C5AF16D-0D17-4E07-928C-DB4720BD9AA6.jpeg

Here is the smallest fish on the largest lure I’ve ever caught. Damn the gobies(invasive species)
AA6BDE06-273A-4EC4-A6BB-D2EF13CFC658.jpeg

And my largest fish to date I caught on a fishing trip in Mexico. I feel really bad because when I went to grab it I damaged it gills and we were not able to throw it back. I’m not sure the charter men wanted dave and I to anyways, but we catch and release unless making a meal out of our catches.
D6E98A7C-450E-4E98-947B-404BA171D007.jpeg

I fish a lot. Bass, trout, Kokanee, sturgeon, salmon. Oregon has a lot of great fishing. The Lake Michigan chinook came from Oregon by the way. My biggest Chinook was caught at the mouth of the Sandy river and was 42 pounds. I have caught hundreds of sturgeon on the Columbia river, the largest was estimated at 400 pounds and was 12 feet long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kathy
This is a cool thread! I am just getting into fishing.. got a pole and tackle box set up.. do you guys got any advice for trout fishing? I’m in Northern California.. hope to be able to post a few pictures a week from today of a catch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love fishing, I'm prefer fly fishing as I love the satisfaction of catching fish with flies you tied yourself.

Organized chaos,
desk.JPG

one of my favorite flies for catching big trout, a variation of the alder sedge hog,

alder sedge hog.JPG

and my buddy Matt with one of the biggest browns I've seen caught here in Nova Scotia, my goal is to have a tenth of the expertise this guy has when it comes to fishing :)

BigBrown1.JPG

I bought the jeep to get to fishing spots on my annual Sierras trip. Found out the back of the TJ isn't big enough for an inflated float tube. Next buy, Ryobi inflator.

Reactions: Bogman