Any input on this gear / locker setup?

MonkeyMike

TJ Enthusiast
Here I go.....Aussie locker in the 30..... 4.88 front and rear(30 front, 35 rear)...Max 33 shoes...and I’m done...Any input?...Thanks to all...

Which trans? What is your intended purpose? I know you have other stuff posted but cannot recall the details.

The Aussie is great. But you limit yourself to the added traction only when in 4wd. Having something in the rear should be your first choice. A locker on stock 35 axles is not a good idea. 27 spline 1541H axles/locker/33 will work unless you plan on hardcore stuff. If hardcore is in the future you should consider 30 spline hardened axles. If doing up to moderate off roading, the Truetrac is a good choice in the 35 on stock axles and 33's. Add some 1541H axles for added insurance.

Reactions: MonkeyMike
What kind of wheeling do you do?

Just to clarify, leaving the rear open?
If so, why? You’re still limited to 3 wheel drive...
It's all light weight...Keep wheels on the ground, vehicle upright, headed forward...Crap get's tough...Be able to lock in and get home...No big deal...

Reactions: billiebob
This jeep will see pavement MAYBE twice a year.....Remember?....This is my choice between havin a side x side( way too stupid for the price) or just goin back to the real thing....You all know the difference...

Reactions: billiebob