Any IR sauna users or owners here?

Sea Cot

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
At this time moving to the desert isn't an option. (spent 2.5 weeks at Twentynine Palms last month 😬 ) Wifey is dealing with auto-immune and rheumatoid arthritis issues. Some have recommended an IR sauna to provide comfort, but she hasn't been able to try one out. Since Christmas is coming up I'm considering getting one. Like with any costly potential expenditures, I turn to a bunch of familiar strangers immersed in a lifestyle/hobby wrought with poor financial decisions to weigh-in on yet another potentially poor financial decision.

I do have plenty of space to install a sauna in the basement. Please share your experience with IR sauna ownership, and if it provided relief for whatever ails you or your family member.

At this time moving to the desert isn't an option. (spent 2.5 weeks at Twentynine Palms last month 😬 ) Wifey is dealing with auto-immune and rheumatoid arthritis issues. Some have recommended an IR sauna to provide comfort, but she hasn't been able to try one out. Since Christmas is coming up I'm considering getting one. Like with any costly potential expenditures, I turn to a bunch of familiar strangers immersed in a lifestyle/hobby wrought with poor financial decisions to weigh-in on yet another potentially poor financial decision.

I do have plenty of space to install a sauna in the basement. Please share your experience with IR sauna ownership, and if it provided relief for whatever ails you or your family member.
I have no input on IR saunas but just wanted to say that 29 Palms should be renamed 29 Stumps.

My wife has arthritis & a few other degenerative issues. We went out last year & splurged on a super nice massage chair with all the bells & whistles. It’s helped her out a fair bit and I don’t mind using it one bit.

One came with a house we purchased about a year ago. My niece lives there and absolutely loves the thing. Is there something particular you would like to know? Might be able to get you an answer.