Maryland Any MD TJ Owners here?

cynster0227

Hello! I’m new to the Jeep life. I just bought my first 06 Jeep Wrangler a couple of weeks ago. I’m looking for a couple of things for anyone else around the Maryland area.

Any recommendations for good mechanics? I am more than willing to travel to a knowledge shop who won’t rip me off.

Any recommendations for off roading? I’m thinking of hitting up the Mon this weekend. Would love to hear thoughts!

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What up MD Jeep fam.

Congrats on the new purchase! I know people recommend a couple good shops around the NoVa area, what kind of work are you trying to get done?

So I just got orders up to Maryland from Mississippi. Where does everyone go wheeling up there? What kinda wheeling? (mud, trails, sand, etc.) I should be getting up there around this spring. Thanks!

Hello! I’m new to the Jeep life. I just bought my first 06 Jeep Wrangler a couple of weeks ago. I’m looking for a couple of things for anyone else around the Maryland area.

Any recommendations for good mechanics? I am more than willing to travel to a knowledge shop who won’t rip me off.

Any recommendations for off roading? I’m thinking of hitting up the Mon this weekend. Would love to hear thoughts!

Thank you!!

Not so fast! I think you need to bond with your jeep first before looking for a mechanic. You know, clean the engine bay, chip those frame rusts, change oils, lube, coolant, etc. that is what I meant by "bonding". Build that love-hate relationship first... then hit the trails, maybe trip to the woods will get you understand your rig more. Surf-shop for suspension mods, etc. Stay in this forum, we'll hook you up.

Any recommendations for off roading?

So I just got orders up to Maryland from Mississippi. Where does everyone go wheeling up there? What kinda wheeling? (mud, trails, sand, etc.) I should be getting up there around this spring. Thanks!

when you guys are ready please join me at Rausch Creek in Pine Grove, PA (a little over 2 hours from Germantown Maryland). There is always a Maryland contingent there given its close proximity & what I've heard is a general lack of locations in MD. @Seabee_TJ you're heading towards a heavily wooded mountainous rain forest type environment. Check out this thread for lots of pictures of what you can generally expect. If you prefer flat mud-pit and sandy type wheeling there is the Pine Barrens in New Jersey.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/rausch-creek-rides.10868/

Appalachia.png

Thank you!!

Yeah, you can do all the work on your TJ. Mechanics just mess it up

when you guys are ready please join me at Rausch Creek in Pine Grove, PA (a little over 2 hours from Germantown Maryland). There is always a Maryland contingent there given its close proximity & what I've heard is a general lack of locations in MD. @Seabee_TJ you're heading towards a heavily wooded mountainous rain forest type environment. Check out this thread for lots of pictures of what you can generally expect. If you prefer flat mud-pit and sandy type wheeling there is the Pine Barrens in New Jersey.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/rausch-creek-rides.10868/

View attachment 62237

All my time living in PA and I never went to Rausch Creek. While I owned a Toyota Tacoma and followed the Tacoma forums, many people talked about going there. I should have joined in.