Any reason not to get Genright fenders?

TJBrad04

Any reason not to get them? I'm looking at the 4" version(non-highline) ...

With a 37" tire and OE spring/shock setup... Anything wrong with keeping the OE inner fender, or go with their fabbed inner? I like the factory look but will have no hesitation going with fabbed inner if there's gains to be had.

They are costly but build quality is very good. I went with the standard height Boulder Fenders. I too am on 37's. I retained the OE inner fender, but was a decent amount of cutting and fitting and refitting, and refitting again to get them to fit. I have already spent a lot of coin on the Jeep this year so I chose to retain my inner fenders, but would have preferred to go with the fabbed inner fender. I wasn't in a rushed spot so I took my time, but probably took me 12 hrs start to finish. This included wiring the lights.

qATWMbMHsb3tvk4Y2DWO3OLFQ=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

pO7vr4CZhxyrwTkNotxD-8bLg=w1185-h889-no?authuser=0.jpg

I had the 4" non high line and had clearance issues with 37's. I'm on 4" springs, 1" BL. Ended up going to hi lines. I have a Currie 44 axle up front, it is TJ width. I went to JK wheels with TJ to JK adapters.

Reactions: TJBrad04
I had the 4" non high line and had clearance issues with 37's. I'm on 4" springs, 1" BL. Ended up going to hi lines. I have a Currie 44 axle up front, it is TJ width. I went to JK wheels with TJ to JK adapters.
I will also eventually do a 1" BL to make room for a Atlas

It is a much bigger job to also replace the inners, but the end result is better in my opinion. I’ve done it both ways with the Genright highlines, and wish I had replaced the inners as well the first time.

One advantage of replacing the inners is that you can sell the stock fenders to offset the cost a bit. My guess is that you may be able to sell the fenders for more than the cost of the new inners.