Texas Any TJ experts in the Wylie, TX area?

CybrSlydr

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Any of you fine TJ experts in or around the Wylie, TX area?

Found a very nice blue 2006 Rubicon for a little more than I'm looking to spend - but I might be willing or talk them down a bit.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...ortDirection=ASC#listing=197172360_isFeatured

The reason I'm asking is I'm hoping someone might be able to swing by and do a look-over of the vehicle for me and let me know if she's in as good a shape as she looks. I would also be more than willing to compensate you for your time. (what would be an acceptable amount for this kind of job?...)

If you're interested, let me know!

Any of you fine TJ experts in or around the Wylie, TX area?

Found a very nice blue 2006 Rubicon for a little more than I'm looking to spend - but I might be willing or talk them down a bit.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...ortDirection=ASC#listing=197172360_isFeatured

The reason I'm asking is I'm hoping someone might be able to swing by and do a look-over of the vehicle for me and let me know if she's in as good a shape as she looks. I would also be more than willing to compensate you for your time. (what would be an acceptable amount for this kind of job?...)

If you're interested, let me know!
Guess you never found any volunteers...Jeep is still for sale.

Guess you never found any volunteers...Jeep is still for sale.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll eventually come down to $13.5. If it does, I think I'll spring for it. That means I'll be financing $15k (extra includes shipping here and Ohio tax once I title it).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll eventually come down to $13.5. If it does, I think I'll spring for it. That means I'll be financing $15k (extra includes shipping here and Ohio tax once I title it).
Hope it works out for you.

I once rented a car and drove to Wylie, TX to buy a Jeep from Collins Bros. Jeep. I didn't end up buying the one I went there for, but drove one home none the less. 800+ mile trip one way. Being Jeepless makes you do strange things.

I once rented a car and drove to Wylie, TX to buy a Jeep from Collins Bros. Jeep. I didn't end up buying the one I went there for, but drove one home none the less. 800+ mile trip one way. Being Jeepless makes you do strange things.

Thanks - I just sent them a message reiterating my interest in the vehicle should it come down in price and to let me know if they decide to.

Was this Jeep fixed up that you bought from Collins Bros? Any pics?

Was this Jeep fixed up that you bought from Collins Bros? Any pics?
No, it was a stock 1995 Wrangler YJ. I had been without a Jeep for a while, and decided to look at what Collins Brothers had on their lot. I knew they carried a lot of CJs, and that's what I was interested in. Had a red 1985 picked out, but when I got there and drove it. it didn't seem like a very wise choice, especially to drive 800 miles home. With my mom, who went with me. :eek:

The YJ was Jeep green with a tan soft top. Made for a long trip home, but we made it without stopping. No photos of that Jeep unfortunately, that was years ago. I kept that YJ for about a year. Once I lifted it 3.5", re-geared it, & put bigger tires, it drove like a Conestoga wagon. I traded it in for a Toyota pickup truck.

No, it was a stock 1995 Wrangler YJ. I had been without a Jeep for a while, and decided to look at what Collins Brothers had on their lot. I knew they carried a lot of CJs, and that's what I was interested in. Had a red 1985 picked out, but when I got there and drove it. it didn't seem like a very wise choice, especially to drive 800 miles home. With my mom, who went with me. :eek:

The YJ was Jeep green with a tan soft top. Made for a long trip home, but we made it without stopping. No photos of that Jeep unfortunately, that was years ago. I kept that YJ for about a year. Once I lifted it 3.5", re-geared it, & put bigger tires, it drove like a Conestoga wagon. I traded it in for a Toyota pickup truck.

I know they sell a lot of fixed up Jeeps. Thought maybe you bought one of those expensive ones!