Any Weber fans here?

AdelaideTJ

Are Jeep people also Weber people?
Took my vintage Gas Go Anywhere (very rare in Australia) into Cattai National Park, New South Wales on the weekend.
The Weber Baby Q Breakfast Plate fits inside perfectly to cook the eggs.
Works a treat for short trips and with the limited space in the back of the TJ.

Fills a niche for me when I can't use the charcoal GA due to fire restrictions (not to mention the cost of charcoal!), or be bothered packing down the Baby Q which barely fits in the back with the trolley/gas bottle etc.

PXL_20230712_223049211.jpg

i took my Weber Q to pikes peak for the hill climb.

the little propane bottle did the trick. but it did not like 10,000’ of altitude.
but it was awesome having sausage and eggs for breakfast

I've really liked the GGA for that purpose. It doesn't get as hot and it's more of a bake technique rather than a hot grill, but the portability is fantastic.

They were sold in Aus in the 90s when they still used wood handles, and are a rare find here now. Not uncommon for a good condition example to be listed at $170USD / $250 AUD.

I love my Baby Q too and it's a much stronger performer, but I generally keep it on the trolley which doesn't fit well into the back of the TJ. Also it needs the 4.5-9kg bottle and I often find that I need that extra space for other camp gear.

Most certainly a fan here! We don't have any fire restrictions so my Smokey Joe 14" comes often. When I feel like using gas, I take a Magma grill that can mount to the piping of the tire carrier.

Tell me about that tiny cast iron griddle you have the eggs and sausage on!!

That's actually designed for the Baby Q 100 series. It's the Weber Baby Q Breakfast plate. You can get a larger one for the larger Q models too, but the small one happens to fit perfectly inside my Gas Go Anywhere so I can have eggs on one side. Trick is to keep the lid on for 15 mins first and build up some thermal mass.

This is the Australian site, but I'm certain it would be available in the US: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accesso...ccessories/baby-q-breakfast-plate/981445.html

You can also get stainless aftermarket grills on ebay for GA/GGAs that are half grill/half plate. They are a bit thicker than the original grill (4mm), and would hold the heat a lot better. I haven't found the need, but maybe once the original grill is toast I'll get one:

1689642818921.png

Reactions: MikekiM
That's actually designed for the Baby Q 100 series. It's the Weber Baby Q Breakfast plate. You can get a larger one for the larger Q models too, but the small one happens to fit perfectly inside my Gas Go Anywhere so I can have eggs on one side. Trick is to keep the lid on for 15 mins first and build up some thermal mass.

This is the Australian site, but I'm certain it would be available in the US: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accesso...ccessories/baby-q-breakfast-plate/981445.html

You can also get stainless aftermarket grills on ebay for GA/GGAs that are half grill/half plate. They are a bit thicker than the original grill (4mm), and would hold the heat a lot better. I haven't found the need, but maybe once the original grill is toast I'll get one:

View attachment 442315

Won't work for me. My portables (the Weber & the Magma) are both 14" round.
I have stainless cooking grates for both.. I live on the water and salt eats everything. I've been looking for a small CI griddle.

I have a Smokey Joe too and a charcoal GA, and I'm keen to get a folding stainless flatpack charcoal starter so I can take those out too in winter. Can't beat the flavour of charcoal. The trouble is that charc is beyond expensive in Australia at the moment. A 44lb / 20kg bag of decent hardwood lump from our equivalent of Home Depot has hiked up to $50USD / $70AUD! Whereas the disposable 1lb / 450g propane tanks are still $7USD / $10AUD 🤷‍♂️

Won't work for me. My portables (the Weber & the Magma) are both 14" round.
I have stainless cooking grates for both.. I live on the water and salt eats everything. I've been looking for a small CI griddle.

It would definitely fit in your Smokey Joe, it'd probably just have to be right in the middle!

It would definitely fit in your Smokey Joe, it'd probably just have to be right in the middle!
I'll check it out.. but I am thinking it will be too big to fit.

I have a Smokey Joe too and a charcoal GA, and I'm keen to get a folding stainless flatpack charcoal starter so I can take those out too in winter. Can't beat the flavour of charcoal. The trouble is that charc is beyond expensive in Australia at the moment. A 44lb / 20kg bag of decent hardwood lump from our equivalent of Home Depot has hiked up to $50USD / $70AUD! Whereas the disposable 1lb / 450g propane tanks are still $7USD / $10AUD 🤷‍♂️
20lb bags are around $15 -$25 depending on time of year and what you buy and if you snag a sale

Local Costco has a promo in the beginning of the season for two bags of Kingsford Professional (my preferred briquettes ) for $18. That is a killer deal. You should see my shed.. I have bags piled up.

My preferred limo is Jealous Devil and that's about $20-$25 / bag. JD rocks.

I'll check it out.. but I am thinking it will be too big to fit.

20lb bags are around $15 -$25 depending on time of year and what you buy and if you snag a sale

Local Costco has a promo in the beginning of the season for two bags of Kingsford Professional (my preferred briquettes ) for $18. That is a killer deal. You should see my shed.. I have bags piled up.

My preferred limo is Jealous Devil and that's about $20-$25 / bag. JD rocks.
I can't check for you on my smokey Joe unfortunately, that's in a shed on the other side of the country. But it's about 11 inches long. Should go in, just won't leave room for much else.

Reactions: MikekiM