Anybody deal with Rokmen?

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
I ordered a bumper a few weeks ago. I got a receipt from Paypal, but nothing from Rokmen. I have sent them a couple of emails just asking for a status, and an ETA. I get no response, then days later, they sent me an email saying my bumper is on back-order, and did offer me a refund, but nothing about an ETA. So I responded to their email asking about an ETA, I mean if it is another month I can wait, but If I have to wait till next year, maybe I will find another bumper somewhere else, but sadly nothing after that.

Anyways. in their defense I have not called them, maybe if I did, they would have a lot better customer service, but I was just curious if anybody else have had better or worse experience. Should I call them, and get a refund; and head for the hills, or wait it out because they are a good stand up company?

I bought a steering skid from them, but that was years ago, and I called to order it.

I ordered a bumper a few weeks ago. I got a receipt from Paypal, but nothing from Rokmen. I have sent them a couple of emails just asking for a status, and an ETA. I get no response, then days later, they sent me an email saying my bumper is on back-order, and did offer me a refund, but nothing about an ETA. So I responded to their email asking about an ETA, I mean if it is another month I can wait, but If I have to wait till next year, maybe I will find another bumper somewhere else, but sadly nothing after that.

Anyways. in their defense I have not called them, maybe if I did, they would have a lot better customer service, but I was just curious if anybody else have had better or worse experience. Should I call them, and get a refund; and head for the hills, or wait it out because they are a good stand up company?
I mean this is easy, how much do you like the bumper?

I like the bumper a lot. Best I have found yet in my opinion. I am sort of a recluse, so I like to deal online, but I realize we all aren't quite there yet, so I try and be patient. I still haven't heard anything from them, so I will drag out the phone in a couple of days, and see how that goes.

Give you an idea how good Rokmen is:

I wanted their Mercenary front bumper, and rock sliders. I called them up, and spoke with the owner. They had the sliders in stock, but didn’t have any bumpers.
He said if I placed the order, he would make sure they’d weld the bumper together and have it out ASAP.

I placed the order, and I had the bumper and sliders in 3 days.

I also have their trail corner guards, which I’m not sure they make anymore. I also have their rear spring relocating perch.

Rokmen are good people.

Give you an idea how good Rokmen is:

I wanted their Mercenary front bumper, and rock sliders. I called them up, and spoke with the owner. They had the sliders in stock, but didn’t have any bumpers.
He said if I placed the order, he would make sure they’d weld the bumper together and have it out ASAP.

I placed the order, and I had the bumper and sliders in 3 days.

I also have their trail corner guards, which I’m not sure they make anymore. I also have their rear spring relocating perch.

Rokmen are good people.

That is good to hear, makes me feel a little better, I have been waiting for over a month with only one correspondence. I guess I will call them. Thanks for the good words.

BTW I too am waiting in the Mercenary front bumper.

UPDATE:

I did call today, and Jeff was nice, he said that he is waiting on a shipment and could be 4-6 more weeks. I am going to wait for it.

UPDATE,

Talked to Jeff super nice guy. I decided to take the refund because it was so much money. I am going to try, and hold out, but me and the TJ are itching for a winch. Maybe I can find a used one on EBAY or find something as cool.

UPDATE,

Talked to Jeff super nice guy. I decided to take the refund because it was so much money. I am going to try, and hold out, but me and the TJ are itching for a winch. Maybe I can find a used one on EBAY or find something as cool.

Get this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JXS3BXI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I know a number of people who use that relentlessly without any issue whatsoever. Normally I'm weary of Smittybilt, but for the price and all the good stuff I've heard (from guys who really beat the snot out of it too), it's worth the money (which isn't much money either).

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
Well I ditched the Rokmen, just couldn't wait any more, so I got a refund and ordered a Warn
WARN 87700 Rock Crawler Stubby bumper
And wouldn't you know it the powder coating is all messed up. After having to finish the Dirtworx rear bumper in a way I like it, I kind of wish I had the option to order bumpers not finished. This one is powder coated really bad, and there isn't anything I can do but send it back. I don't think the metal was prepared right underneath and it will cost more than the price of the bumper to fix.

Hopefully the new one will be better, It gets awesome reviews so I think I just got a bad one, but I am waiting again. I did get my winch though so it is waiting patiently to get installed too. I will post pics once I get the new bumper. Still working out the details with the sellers.

BTW it is a pretty affordable nice looking bumper. Not as cool as the mercenary, but just couldn't wait any more. Although I am waiting again. I think this will still be taken care of faster than getting the mercenary. (I hope)

Well I ditched the Rokmen, just couldn't wait any more, so I got a refund and ordered a Warn
And wouldn't you know it the powder coating is all messed up. After having to finish the Dirtworx rear bumper in a way I like it, I kind of wish I had the option to order bumpers not finished. This one is powder coated really bad, and there isn't anything I can do but send it back. I don't think the metal was prepared right underneath and it will cost more than the price of the bumper to fix.

Hopefully the new one will be better, It gets awesome reviews so I think I just got a bad one, but I am waiting again. I did get my winch though so it is waiting patiently to get installed too. I will post pics once I get the new bumper. Still working out the details with the sellers.

BTW it is a pretty affordable nice looking bumper. Not as cool as the mercenary, but just couldn't wait any more. Although I am waiting again. I think this will still be taken care of faster than getting the mercenary. (I hope)
Nearly every single warn bumper I have ever seen on a TJ has had issues with the powder coating long term. Get it off the bumper and do it right! I'm excited to see it finished on your Jeep, its a nice looking bumper!

I like that bumper! Hope they send you a good one. Minimalist front bumpers look best on a TJ IMO.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
I like that bumper! Hope they send you a good one. Minimalist front bumpers look best on a TJ IMO.

So JamesAndTheSahara has me thinking that maybe I should just strip off the powder coat, and repaint it to match my Dirtworx bumper. I think the paint will be nicer in the end because it will be easier to touch up if necessary, than the powder coat.

I might see if they will discount me some money and strip the powdercoating and just repaint it.

Have either of you guys ever done this? Is it more work than it is worth or will a good stripper fix it? Or should I hire a stripper to fix it? hehe

Or should I just wait for a new one and hope it is good?

So JamesAndTheSahara has me thinking that maybe I should just strip off the powder coat, and repaint it to match my Dirtworx bumper. I think the paint will be nicer in the end because it will be easier to touch up if necessary, than the powder coat.

I might see if they will discount me some money and strip the powdercoating and just repaint it.

Have either of you guys ever done this? Is it more work than it is worth or will a good stripper fix it? Or should I hire a stripper to fix it? hehe

Or should I just wait for a new one and hope it is good?
If it were me with the size of the bumper I'd take it to a soda blasting booth. Try to see if you get can some free Warn merchandise for your troubles ;).

If it were me with the size of the bumper I'd take it to a soda blasting booth. Try to see if you get can some free Warn merchandise for your troubles ;).

So I called 2 soda blasting places that are close to me, and neither answered the phone. Neither had a vacation message so not sure what is going on there. They are not super close anyway. I wonder how hard it would be if I stripped it myself with some industrial super stripper?

Not sure how much the soda blasting would cost, but the bumper cost a touch over 300 and it probably isn't worth much more to put money into. Especially if they take care of me and give me a good one for no extra cost to me. Although it might be worth it if I can get them to give me some sort of refund.

So I called 2 soda blasting places that are close to me, and neither answered the phone. Neither had a vacation message so not sure what is going on there. They are not super close anyway. I wonder how hard it would be if I stripped it myself with some industrial super stripper?

Not sure how much the soda blasting would cost, but the bumper cost a touch over 300 and it probably isn't worth much more to put money into. Especially if they take care of me and give me a good one for no extra cost to me. Although it might be worth it if I can get them to give me some sort of refund.
Both of my axles were $120.00 to have black glassed down to bare metal. That stubby is so small I really don't see it being more than $60.00. If you could get Warn to send you like a tree strap or something for your troubles you would know you wouldn't have one of the many well documented issues with their powder coat. Their products are top notch, for whatever reason their powder coat is not that strong.

Both of my axles were $120.00 to have black glassed down to bare metal. That stubby is so small I really don't see it being more than $60.00. If you could get Warn to send you like a tree strap or something for your troubles you would know you wouldn't have one of the many well documented issues with their powder coat. Their products are top notch, for whatever reason their powder coat is not that strong.

Ok sweet thanks for that I had no clue. That does make me feel better. I will see what I can do. Thanks again.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara