Anybody have chrome look Apex wheels?

Vtx531

TJ Addict
Was thinking about buying a set I recently saw on marketplace...

How do these hold up over time? Do they need to be polished? I think the rims are steel but I don't think they are chrome which is sort of confusing. Do they get rusty?

Rims like this:

AF4EB30F-5FB3-428B-8C1E-8AFEF1225331.png

Yes that is the APEX wheel. Looks like the SE wheels, just with chrome. Might be able to find some and have a shop throw chrome on them if the authentic APEX ones fall through.

Reactions: Vtx531
I think it’s a wheel cover over the standard steel wheel. My father in law has those on his apex edition. He uses it to plow in the UP. everything else on that Jeep is rusty but the wheels still look decent.

Reactions: BlueC and Vtx531
I think it’s a wheel cover over the standard steel wheel. My father in law has those on his apex edition. He uses it to plow in the UP. everything else on that Jeep is rusty but the wheels still look decent.

I know there are chrome plastic covers for sale that used car lots used to put on TJs to cover up bad wheels but I think the genuine apex ones don't have a cover, just the actual wheels are shiny like that.

Good to hear that your FIL's wheels are holding up well and funny how you said that lol. That's the kind of info I would like to know if anyone else has any similar experiences.

Just joined the forum, long time lurker first time poster. I've got the Apex wheels, the wheels look great with no maintenance. I've thought about changing them because I'm not into chrome but they've held up this long and other projects could probably use that energy haha.

Reactions: Vtx531
Just joined the forum, long time lurker first time poster. I've got the Apex wheels, the wheels look great with no maintenance. I've thought about changing them because I'm not into chrome but they've held up this long and other projects could probably use that energy haha.

My only experience is with chrome centercaps that came with black steel D-window wheels and they got rusty. I guess that's the quality difference between oem vs. aftermarket.