Anybody up for a random meme dump?

1706672736527.png

Also walked into a Starbucks last year to order a coffee they asked did I order online I said no. The guy replied we are an online store only. He said I needed download the app created a username and password then place the order and it would be ready in a few. I asked can’t I just order and pay you? He said nope , then I said nope on the order and walked out.
Good for you. The more pushback on this nonsense, the better.

It’ll take longer if you hand them the boarding pass.

Not in my experience. I don't even have to stop, the PHOOOOOONNE people all do because the thing has to be scanned. Then there are those who are not ready, don't have the right screen up, or the thing locked the user out, or the battery died, whatever. I wish I had a nickel for every time I've been annoyed or inconvenienced by someone else's oh-so-CONVENIENT smartphone.

Reactions: B252
Not in my experience. I don't even have to stop, the PHOOOOOONNE people all do because the thing has to be scanned. Then there are those who are not ready, don't have the right screen up, or the thing locked the user out, or the battery died, whatever. I wish I had a nickel for every time I've been annoyed or inconvenienced by someone else's oh-so-CONVENIENT smartphone.

When was the last time you flew? I flew yesterday.

If you hand them a paper ticket, they will scan it for you, the same way a phone is scanned, and hand it back to you.

Using my iPhone. The ticket is ready on my Lock Screen, it takes one tap on it and it’ll show the ticket for scanning without unlocking the phone. You scan it and keep moving.

If you scan your paper ticket yourself and keep walking then you will be as fast as the person scanning their phone.

Reactions: InOmaha and srimes

If you hand them a paper ticket, they will scan it for you, the same way a phone is scanned, and hand it back to you.

Using my iPhone. The ticket is ready on my Lock Screen, it takes one tap on it and it’ll show the ticket for scanning without unlocking the phone. You scan it and keep moving.

If you scan your paper ticket yourself and keep walking then you will be as fast as the person scanning their phone.

They don't hand the paper ticket back - I just keep on walking. Don't need to tap anything. I'm glad you are considerate enough of your fellow passengers to have the thing ready, many are not. Then again, I wouldn't want to fool with the damn thing to get it ready in the first place. But I guess all the expense and hassle of the thing is worth it to you - its all about the PHOOOOOONNE!! Frankly, I didn't see the point of the thing when it came out in 2007, and I see even less point to it now.

waiting on line yesterday to do an amazon return at staples, everyone fumbling with their phone for return code, 2 people standing on the side trying to bring up the code. I walk right up with my printed out code and am gone before they even bring theirs up.

Reactions: Zorba and reddvltj