Anybody up for a random meme dump?

A lot wrong there for sure- The lower floor framing is very sparse and they were really taking a big risk not sheathing the lower floor before they went up- About 70% of the lumber in that house is above the first floor.

Tremendously dangerous.

That is nothing more than framing wide open without checking up.

I see diagonal bracing on both levels. Obviously didn't hold but I'm thinking there's more to the story.

A lot wrong there for sure- The lower floor framing is very sparse and they were really taking a big risk not sheathing the lower floor before they went up- About 70% of the lumber in that house is above the first floor.

Tremendously dangerous.

At least the second floor is still OK...

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj and B252
I see diagonal bracing on both levels. Obviously didn't hold but I'm thinking there's more to the story.

Yes I wondered if there were some strong winds-

Also if you look close you’ll notice the bracing only goes one direction and there’s not enough to do really any good-

The only bracing that would have merit would be low on the left and high on the right- Bracing really doesn’t have any pull strength-

And to be effective the correct way you have to be extremely well cleated

That house needed dozens and it really needed sheathing even if it was just wind force that did the damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: DEValken
Inner Rage.jpeg

Tremendously dangerous.

Do you suppose they just racked it back over? Or a mandatory complete demolition?

Do you suppose they just racked it back over? Or a mandatory complete demolition?
All the connections are compromised- Even getting that thing apart is going to be dangerous- I have wondered if they would basically bulldoze it over or pick it apart with a big track hoe.

Reactions: reddvltj and Rickyd
Paying some hobos to torch it at midnight would probably be cheapest

When I'm at a structure fire and its obvious the house will need torn down we always ask the homeowner if we should let it finish burning,since it is so much cheaper and easier to deal with then.so long as nothing else is threatened and the weather is cooperating

We torched the house I grew up in after a tornado puffed the walls out a couple inches here and there.

It blew the front door through the door to the upstairs, out of the back upstairs window, and over to the neighbors place a quarter mile away.

The little house was made of wood from the old days and put up a good fight.

I knew a diver who did this - although it wasn't a Great White - I think it was either a Blue or a Nurse shark. Thing was just badgering him and badgering him so he finally socked it as hard as he could in the nose. The shark went elsewhere. I don't think it would have turned out that well had it been a Great White!