Anybody up for a random meme dump?

FB_IMG_1647144891183.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: DEValken and BillW
Believe me it irritates the SHIT out of me when they rearrange stuff at the store. But it is funny that we let little shit like this bother us when there is more important things to worry about.
Its just the needlessness of it. I can see things getting shifted around a bit as products come and go, but moving the salad dressing to a completely different aisle is just stupid. Wastes everybody's time. Then do it again 3 months later.

I used to work for a company that would re-arrange everybody every six months whether we needed to or not. I suggested that we get rid of the building, and put everybody in 2 man trailers - that way they could re-arrange and we wouldn't even have to stop working. "Whoah, they're moving us again!" as the trailer gets dragged to its new location!

Its just the needlessness of it. I can see things getting shifted around a bit as products come and go, but moving the salad dressing to a completely different aisle is just stupid. Wastes everybody's time. Then do it again 3 months later.

I used to work for a company that would re-arrange everybody every six months whether we needed to or not. I suggested that we get rid of the building, and put everybody in 2 man trailers - that way they could re-arrange and we wouldn't even have to stop working. "Whoah, they're moving us again!" as the trailer gets dragged to its new location!
I worked in the grocery biz for 10 years when I was a kid. The discussion goes like this: If we move stuff around, people will have to look for it and might find something else they need and buy it, too. If we leave everything as it is, they will go straight to what they want, buy it, and get out. Flip side: If we move stuff around, people won't be able to find what they want, get pissed and go to Kroger, so we lose a customer and their business.
We tried several variations. We would leave the pickles where they were, but swap brands to different spots on the shelf. Same with soap, laundry detergent, tissue paper and so forth. From what I could tell, it didn't make any difference. The only time we swapped entire aisles was when we got new dairy cases. They were so powerful that they were moisturizing the other side of the aisle and ruining dog food. So, we ended up putting all the canned veggies on that aisle. When people asked, we told them why and they were understanding. My feeling is that moving stuff around generally upsets people and with so many options, they will just go elsewhere.