Anybody's know what this plates is .org what the numbers and letters mean?

Jeep Joe

This is right below the grill attached to what seems to be the radiator support or crossmember of some sort. Why is it 1/3 yellow, 1/3 rust, and 1/3 clean and why is there 2 screw holes but only 1 screw, my old 2000 tj doesn’t have one that I can see.
I have a solar yellow 04 tj rubicon, by the way
EDF1FFFB-7661-40CB-A0DA-D1D02178C966.jpeg
9FF5DEF1-80A7-4557-B6EA-B2FEBCC34019.jpeg

I bought my 2001 TJ brand new and I still have my plate. I always thought it had the VIN and color codes but never bothered to look because it is 100% rusted. So bad that I took it off and store it in my garage so it wouldn’t completely disintegrate. It was mounted in the same spot. I call it a TJ dog tag cuz that’s what it looks like.

I bought my 2001 TJ brand new and I still have my plate. I always thought it had the VIN and color codes but never bothered to look because it is 100% rusted. So bad that I took it off and store it in my garage so it wouldn’t completely disintegrate. It was mounted in the same spot. I call it a TJ dog tag cuz that’s what it looks like.
Mine was also rusty so I removed it and keep it in the glove box. I'm guessing it has some yellow on it from a prior respray?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeep Joe
It's got a lot of code numbers for several things and I see Z YELOW on yours so I guess that's something to do with the color.

Mine had about the same rustiness, I took it off, hit it and the screw with a wire wheel, painted them black, fluid filmed between them and the grill then reinstalled the plate with that same single screw.

Reactions: Jeep Joe