Anyone an AAA member?

I have been a AAA member since 1966. It is worth the membership price not to have to go to the DMV, the tow benefits are gravy.

I have upgraded to the "Premier" membership because the tow benefits are better. A friend used his to get a flatbed tow from Moab to Salt Lake City, stayed overnight and called for a second tow that got him to Elko NV. I'm not sure how he got to Reno from there, but I know using AAA saved him a fortune in tow charges.

Since most of the trails I frequent are within 200 miles of my home, it is comforting to know that all I have to do is get back to the highway and AAA will get my jeep home.

Check with your insurance company, most offer similar coverage. Besides, factor in years you haven't had AAA and total towing costs to date and see if it makes sense.

Reactions: Hopper
Check with your insurance company, most offer similar coverage. Besides, factor in years you haven't had AAA and total towing costs to date and see if it makes sense.
I am weighing the options. I think the piece of mind with my wife while I am working outta town would be good. I could add roadside to the insurance plan just need to give them as call. AAA just seemed easy at $115 yr.

I've bought it as a Christmas gift for each of my kids since they started driving, and for my wife and I. Premier plan has the better distance (length of towing). Lockouts. Jumping a dead battery. Need to buy a battery because you left your lights on for a week while parked at the airport parking garage (A little too specific? Talk to my wife about that one!). AAA has paid for itself several times over with my crew and their dang lockouts. I would encourage you to sign up.

Got it for my wife and son. RV broke down near home and we weren't even out of the 10 day waiting period. They towed it home, no charge. My kid's bus broke down two days ago, different story..."Oh, you don't have the RV plan, $150/ hr towing"
And if you have driving kids, no point in getting premium, they can't rent cars until they're 25...21 to drive one.
But good piece of mind, better plans/ prices than USAA if you have that option.

Been a premier member for years, used it for tows, battery jumps, even had them change a tire after I had surgery. They will send you maps for your trips, used this last year on our trip from Seattle to Hurricane Utah. Money well spent, if you use it once it more than pays for itself.

Reactions: Squatch and Tomcat
What I want to know is will AAA actually come and tow you from a remote area. Let's say 100 miles away from your home off some forest service path that isn't going to accept just any old tow truck?

What I want to know is will AAA actually come and tow you from a remote area. Let's say 100 miles away from your home off some forest service path that isn't going to accept just any old tow truck?
Negative. Hopefully you have buddies with you to drag you to the road.

I was towed out of the woods on a FS road on the Eastside of Mt. Adams a few years ago. 90 miles. I had cell service and the driver just put my location in his GPS. Took 3 hrs to get to me but that's better than the hike I would of had.

Reactions: Squatch and Chris
scottgraham said:
...good piece of mind, better plans/ prices than USAA if you have that option.

Speaking of USAA, during my last insurance review USAA easily beat AAA in terms of coverage and rate, but couldn't match AAA's roadside service/towing benefits.

I'm not saying that USAA's program was inadequate, just that AAA's was better. Since USAA is known for value and service that is saying something.

I have not seen them do that, I have seen others get towed by club members to a trail head and then get loaded onto a AAA flatbed and taken either to their home or a repair shop. I have seen some recovery’s on YouTube that tow companies actually go get you on the trails, but I don’t know if it is covered by AAA. So far because of luck, knowing when NOT to “Send It”, and routine maintenance I have always made it home. I am expecting my time to come 😁.

I have not seen them do that, I have seen others get towed by club members to a trail head and then get loaded onto a AAA flatbed and taken either to their home or a repair shop. I have seen some recovery’s on YouTube that tow companies actually go get you on the trails, but I don’t know if it is covered by AAA. So far because of luck, knowing when NOT to “Send It”, and routine maintenance I have always made it home. I am expecting my time to come 😁.
Winder towing out of Utah? Fun channel.