Anyone do a front half console delete?

t00th

TJ Enthusiast
I am considering a Tuffy half console for my '97. https://tuffyproducts.com/products/...onsole-jeep-1997-2006-wrangler-tj/?sku=044-01

The full console is too expensive, and for other reasons I am less interested in the factory console insert version, so this is the one I feel is ideal.

My jeep has the one-piece factory console though, so I'd either have to cut it at the cupholders (will probably fuck it up) or find a short console somewhere online (seeing them in the range of 35-45 bucks on ebay).

So, twofold question.
1 - Do short consoles bolt up no problem to any year? I know the console stylings change but can I expect mounting hole locations to be universal?

2 - I'm not married to having the front half at all. Has anyone deleted it altogether? I know the manual shifter has a lower boot on the floor. But not sure about the T-case shifter. Just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what it's like under there without having to remove my console to find out. And I don't know if the carpets go all the way over. If I can pull it off cleanly and just need to find a boot that suits the T-case shifter, I'm all about it.

1706227422717.png