Anyone else Plasti Dip?

BLindzy

TJ Enthusiast
Just wondering if anyone else has Plasti Diped their whole Jeep? This started out as my oldest son's green 97 TJ. He did not like the color so he wanted options. Figured for about $500. we could try out the Plasti Dip system. Was actually very easy to do and it has held up very well for about 5 years with just a nic here and there. This is probably not a good option for some out doing actual Jeep stuff, but fine for a mall crawler like this. He has moved on to a more practical car and this is now a family shared Jeep, but I wake up first so I usually get it...LOL I am thinking I may change the color this summer. Thinking possibly lava red.

IMG_2562.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

IMG_2558.jpg

• Face Palm
Reactions: Tob
Yours looks good. I tried to Plasti Dip the hood on my old car, but it came out streaked looking. I used the cans and not a sprayer.
p.s. I can't paint large areas without it looking that way too. :(

I tried to Plasti Dip the hood on my old car, but it came out streaked looking. I used the cans and not a sprayer.
p.s. I can't paint large areas without it looking that way too. :(
The sprayer is much nicer. I have re sprayed the doors with just the cans and like the way the sprayer came out much better.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I helped my buddy Plasti-Dip the wheels on his Bronco just to screw around & figure it out - we were surprised by ho well it held up, even with wheeling in FL where there's a lot of shrubbery to drive through. Lasted for almost a year before it really started looking like shit from scrapes.

I'm surprised you've gotten multiple years out of it - I have always found plastidip just peels. If/when I want to change the color of my jeep - it'll be armor + a wrap.

Reactions: P man and BLindzy
I'm surprised you've gotten multiple years out of it - I have always found plastidip just peels. If/when I want to change the color of my jeep - it'll be armor + a wrap

I'm surprised you've gotten multiple years out of it - I have always found plastidip just peels. If/when I want to change the color of my jeep - it'll be armor + a wrap.
Like paint, it is all about the prep and how you apply it. This Jeep has 10 thin coats on it. Still quick because the flash time is only 10 minuets so as soon as you get the last panel done you can go right back to the beginning. As far as spray time it was only about 1 1/2.