Anyone ever have a problem with Northridge4x4?

They're one of the good ones as far as I can tell. I spent a couple grand with them in 2021 and had no issues.

I’ve had good interactions with them on 4 or 5 purchases.

They went above and beyond, in my opinion, to make something right with a purchase I made. Item was advertised to come with an optional part, even on the manufacturers website, but the manufacturer kept trying to say it didn’t. Northridge got involved and made it right.

YES! I paid them to install ARB lockers front and rear a few years ago. I can't even explain all the problems I've had to deal with. 1) They didn't get the airline locked into either bulkhead air fitting. The copper line dropped down on to the ring gear which sawed holes in it. 2) They didn't grind the oil clearance slots in my Dana 44 rear which lead to all the gear oil getting pumped out of the axle vent. Which has led to 3) Ruined pinion gear. Not only is the pinion ruined but it doesn't appear to have been installed correctly anyway. That is a project for which I've purchased all the replacement parts but have not done yet. There is an annoying whine from the rear diff which will last until I finally get enough time to do it.

I'd say Northridge caused me as much damage and $$$ as I paid them for the original installation. This happened in Salt Lake City.

Not a fan.

Purchased about $1k worth of parts last Black Friday. Got to my doorstep that next week, no issues. I’d buy from them again.

Reactions: Plumber1
I bought springs from them a couple weeks ago. They shipped pretty quick. No issues on my end.

They have been my go to for both the TJ and the JT. Never an issue. When it says in stock, it has been every time, not like some others where you order and then wait months for an in stock item. Shipping was quick as well.

They have been my go to for both the TJ and the JT. Never an issue. When it says in stock, it has been every time, not like some others where you order and then wait months for an in stock item. Shipping was quick as well.

I'd take this a step further, when I bought my RGA axle shafts they said it was a 4+ week backorder. I placed the order anyway and they were on my doorstep within a week.

I also returned a lunchbox locker that I'd decided not to use and the deal was over with a 5 minute phone call.

YES! I paid them to install ARB lockers front and rear a few years ago. I can't even explain all the problems I've had to deal with. 1) They didn't get the airline locked into either bulkhead air fitting. The copper line dropped down on to the ring gear which sawed holes in it. 2) They didn't grind the oil clearance slots in my Dana 44 rear which lead to all the gear oil getting pumped out of the axle vent. Which has led to 3) Ruined pinion gear. Not only is the pinion ruined but it doesn't appear to have been installed correctly anyway. That is a project for which I've purchased all the replacement parts but have not done yet. There is an annoying whine from the rear diff which will last until I finally get enough time to do it.

I'd say Northridge caused me as much damage and $$$ as I paid them for the original installation. This happened in Salt Lake City.

Not a fan.

Did you give them a chance to fix their mistakes?

I got some seats from them last year and the guy was really good. He saved me money and made it real easy to send back something without costing me anything. We were on the phone together for a half hour

I ordered parts in the mid 2000s for my '06 and it felt like it was a one-man outfit in a good way. Communication felt very personal and prices were great. Fast forward to a month and I'm looking for some new toys. They've quickly answered questions and pointed me to the item pages when needed. Only issue I have is the LJ filter seems to miss a lot of "TJ" parts. I hunted for a SwayLOC and still couldn't see it with a link to the SwayLOC page only to figure out I needed to remove my LJ filter. Prices still look good to me. I have never been to Northridge or had any work done there, just online orders.

I ordered parts in the mid 2000s for my '06 and it felt like it was a one-man outfit in a good way. Communication felt very personal and prices were great. Fast forward to a month and I'm looking for some new toys. They've quickly answered questions and pointed me to the item pages when needed. Only issue I have is the LJ filter seems to miss a lot of "TJ" parts. I hunted for a SwayLOC and still couldn't see it with a link to the SwayLOC page only to figure out I needed to remove my LJ filter. Prices still look good to me. I have never been to Northridge or had any work done there, just online orders.

I never use the LJ filter unless I know it's a part that changes with the wheelbase... Like a rear driveshaft, a soft top, or rock sliders.

Did you give them a chance to fix their mistakes?

No. I've fixed them all myself so far. I don't see how I could trust them again. Fool me once...

I think this represents a great challenge to the off-road community. I haven't found a place near me that will do quality work at a fair price. Lots of places will charge a lot and then put a high school kid on it. Lots of bolt-on installations and no understanding or accountability or interest in how well it works.

Northridge continues to satisfy for me. They appeared to be the only vendor on planet earth running any sort of black friday promotion on Rockjock, so I got a pair of lower control arms for 10% off and free shipping. It said they were out of stock, but I got a shipping notification today that they were being drop shipped directly from Rockjock.