Anyone have experience with the SWAG Offroad press brake kit?

afmoto

DURTY TJ
Supporting Member
I was wondering if any of you have experience with the SWAG Offroad press brake kits. I scored a nearly new Harbor Freight 20 ton shop press and I want to modify it so I can fabricate my own parts for the Jeep. I'm leaning towards the standard finger brake kit, not the heavy duty, since I doubt I'll ever work with anything thicker than 3/8" materials. My new welder (Miller 211) can only weld up to 3/8" anyway so it just seems like the heavy duty press brake would be overkill.

Here's their page with the product offerings: https://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-Press-Brake-Kits_c_53.html

3/8" is no issue, for us it's really not needed anywhere. (trusses and CO axle tabs maybe)
i looked at these too and it's on my list of things i'd like to have.

but with only a 20$ diff i'll probably get the HD.

but with only a 20$ diff i'll probably get the HD.

That was my initial thought too but the problem is that in order to make tighter bends with the HD version, you have to neck it down with angle iron inserts. It also seems to make it more difficult to bend smaller pieces because the span of the bottom die (1.5" angle iron for standard vs. 3" for the HD version).

I believe Nate from Dirt Lifestyle on YouTube has a swag press brake. Not sure which one it is but seems to work well.