Anyone have the OME lift on a stock TJ?

I have the OME with the heavier duty rear springs, RS5000X shocks & 31" BFG AT KO2s

IMG_20191121_113429137.jpg

Reactions: JMT
I believe this is exactly what my plan is. How does it go with the soft top? I have both hard and soft top.
I don't own a hard top. And last winter was the first time I'd ever even considered driving a soft top Jeep on any kind of regular basis. It's surprising how well the top does.... no drafts at all, flaps a bit at speeds over 40 or 50 mph, but nothing bad. I love how all the rear panels store up top. And I run it that way all summer long.
The one issue I've had is that I have to be damn sure to put the rear window back in before outside temps drop too far. If I take the rear window out & run it till the outside temps are under like 60 degrees, the zippers are nearly impossible to get rezipped.

Hi, I've been using my TJ with medium load OME since July. OME 2932 and OME 2941 springs. I have the hard top and in the rear bonnet I fitted a LPG cylinder that weighs about 40kg at full load. They are perfectly leveled between the front and rear, but I do not fit the spare wheel nor reinforced bumpers, nor front winch. I coupled these springs to the Bilstein B8 5100 and I love them, the ride is slightly more braked than the original configuration and I like it a lot. When my LPG cylinder is empty, I notice a certain stiffness more than the rear springs. I run without problems with 265/75/16 and the combination given by the lift and the tires is not bad, but I believe that by mounting something heavier, to stay at the top of 2 it is necessary to mount springs with heavy load.

IMG_20190824_192610.jpg

IMG_20190727_160057.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Hi, I've been using my TJ with medium load OME since July. OME 2932 and OME 2941 springs. I have the hard top and in the rear bonnet I fitted a LPG cylinder that weighs about 40kg at full load. They are perfectly leveled between the front and rear, but I do not fit the spare wheel nor reinforced bumpers, nor front winch. I coupled these springs to the Bilstein B8 5100 and I love them, the ride is slightly more braked than the original configuration and I like it a lot. When my LPG cylinder is empty, I notice a certain stiffness more than the rear springs. I run without problems with 265/75/16 and the combination given by the lift and the tires is not bad, but I believe that by mounting something heavier, to stay at the top of 2 it is necessary to mount springs with heavy load.

View attachment 126063

View attachment 126064
Thanks for the input. These were the other coils I was debating on.

Reactions: Angio4x4
I run the 2933/2942 combo with 1” spacer in front and 10mm spacer in rear. I ran this setup with 31’s for awhile and then added a 1.25” BL and went to 33’s. Overall lift is 4.25” front and 3.75“ rear.

3C617AF8-9AE7-47D2-895B-FD4A6EAB120E.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Angio4x4
I run the 2933/2942 combo with 1” spacer in front and 10mm spacer in rear. I ran this setup with 31’s for awhile and then added a 1.25” BL and went to 33’s. Overall lift is 4.25” front and 3.75“ rear.

View attachment 126184
I love your build. I already read through most of your build thread and thats a good part of why I am going down the ome lift route. Before the BL did you have any driveline vibes? I am trying to not need to lower the tc if I don’t have to and wait until I can get sye and cv driveshafts

I have been looking into this lift for a while now. Everytime I think Ive got exactly what I want down I rethink it. I do know i want the ome 2 inch and rancho rs5000 shocks but have no idea where to start with choosing between heavy or light load or a combo of the two. I have no plans for a tire carrier or heavy bumper but I do fill the jeep often enough. On the front I will be adding a winch as well as a possible dirtworx or warn rockcrawler. If anyone has similar setups
Not sure if you are still deciding but I went with 2.5 OME on stock Rubicon. I called Dirk at DPG Offroad and told him what I wanted and he set me up...love the lift FYI.

Did you have to change out any other components? Track bar relocation/adjustable track bars/control arms?
Some, you can see in my "View Profile" everything I have done.

But basically,

MC Front Trackbar
Quick disconnects
Extended Rear Sway Bar Links
Rear Trackbar Relocation Bracket
Savvy TCase Cable Shifter

I'm still on stock control arms.

Not sure if you are still deciding but I went with 2.5 OME on stock Rubicon. I called Dirk at DPG Offroad and told him what I wanted and he set me up...love the lift FYI.
I have checked out DPG offroad but i can get the rancho shocks and all four ome coils for less than 600 off amazon which is why I have been steering away since his kits are a bit more expensive than Id like to pay if it is not necessary.

I have checked out DPG offroad but i can get the rancho shocks and all four ome coils for less than 600 off amazon which is why I have been steering away since his kits are a bit more expensive than Id like to pay if it is not necessary.

I’m in the same predicament right now. I’d rather just buy the OME springs and Rancho shocks, but don’t want to install and realize I need to change out all the other parts that come in the ultimate DPG package

I have been looking into this lift for a while now. Everytime I think Ive got exactly what I want down I rethink it. I do know i want the ome 2 inch and rancho rs5000 shocks but have no idea where to start with choosing between heavy or light load or a combo of the two. I have no plans for a tire carrier or heavy bumper but I do fill the jeep often enough. On the front I will be adding a winch as well as a possible dirtworx or warn rockcrawler. If anyone has similar setups

I have the OME with heavy springs. I think I might have been better off with the light duty springs. My TJ is stock and doesn't even have that super heavy spare tire on the butt. I should at least have the light duty on the back. JMHO. It rides okay the way it is. Oh and I have 33's on it which are fine for my use, which is road only.

I guess with DPG you get to talk to someone that knows their stuff and can set u up with the right equipment (and installation instructions) For your needs so you don’t have to do it twice. Yes you probably pay a premium for that but at least you don’t waste money doing something that might not be right for your needs. Just my opinion but I bit the bullet and paid for the best lift I could afford and saved money on the installation side because I felt confident in their instructions and customer service.