Anyone know of a good supplier for remanufactured 4.0 engine?

Cameron97

Hello my 1997 TJ has a inline 6 that is starting to die and instead of rebuilding it I would like to put a remanufactured inline 6 in her but I don't have the experience to know the good company's form the bad one anyone have any recommendations?

Hard for me to recommend something I have never used, but there are a few reputable companies out there with warranties. I'd be tempted to upgrade to a potentially higher horsepower/torque engine that can run on the same computer, ignition, fuel system.

Have a close friend who just recently had some above and beyond warranty coverage from Jasper Engines. https://www.jasperengines.com/
He recently bought the prettiest CJ7 I have seen in many years that had a Jasper engine put in it by the previous owner. He discovered a small oil leak - I can't quite remember exactly the location right now - but called Jasper just to see, basically if they could advise on how to repair it. Instead, they just told him not to worry about it, and that would just send another engine and cover costs to have it installed. When he told them he would just install it himself, they sent the labor check directly to him. Paid him to replace his own engine.

https://www.sandjengines.com/

I haven't personal experience with this firm but they have some pretty impressive video's on youtube.

That place has a 7 yr/100k warranty. Engine is about $2200 with core discount. That seems pretty incredible to me. If I ever need an engine I'll go there. Can't tell about the other one - Jasper engines. But that testimonial is pretty solid.

X2 to SandJ Engines.
I just installed one in my TJ, you can see pics in my build thread if your interested too. @billiebob highly recommended them as well.

Reactions: billiebob
I have a complete 4.0 for sale in the classifieds to include an auto tranny and rubicon tcase. I am in Montrose CO if you are interested.

I have a Jasper in my 05 I’ve had it since June of last year. I’ve put about 5k miles and it runs great no leaks anywhere at all no running or starting issues and I’m constantly passing cars uphill on steep grades as if it was a new car.

I have a Jasper in my 05 I’ve had it since June of last year. I’ve put about 5k miles and it runs great no leaks anywhere at all no running or starting issues and I’m constantly passing cars uphill on steep grades as if it was a new car.
Did you go with stock specs or stroker?

Wow this is a very difficult to answer question. I have been riding Jeeps since the 80’s, talking about Jeeps since, and never heard or read of a very good experience with crated engines from anyone, but, always heard and had superb good service from Good Engine Shops. You engine can be overhauled and will be like new, you just have to find the right shop in your area.