Anyone know what causes the Jeep to shake like this?

Steadmanlee

Started happening a while ago and It’s never gotten worse but I’ve grown tired of it. It usually only happens when I try to take off from a stop, but it’s also happened before when I tried to drive up a really steep driveway. It seems to only happen when under more load but I’m not sure what it could be.

How about you provide all your suspension specs so we know how the vehicle has been altered. Might as well fill out your profile.

Have you recently swapped out the springs or control arms etc? I don't recall this happening on my TJ prior to installing new stock springs, which still gave me about an inch of lift, but it has happened ever since. I haven't fully investigated the cause but I asked on here about a year ago and a user suggested that the driveshaft angles might temporarily be too sharp until the driveshaft starts spinning at speed. I first noticed it in the gearstick launching from a stop in first, but I've just gotten used to it: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/gear-shift-shake.13574/post-1322467

Just as he advised, I haven't really lost sleep over it, but it would be nice to fix.

Have you recently swapped out the springs or control arms etc? I don't recall this happening on my TJ prior to installing new stock springs, which still gave me about an inch of lift, but it has happened ever since. I haven't fully investigated the cause but I asked on here about a year ago and a user suggested that the driveshaft angles might temporarily be too sharp until the driveshaft starts spinning at speed. I first noticed it in the gearstick launching from a stop in first, but I've just gotten used to it: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/gear-shift-shake.13574/post-1322467

Just as he advised, I haven't really lost sleep over it, but it would be nice to fix.

Yeah, I installed a 3" lift a while back. I've been wondering if the pinion angle might be the culprit, but truth be told, I can't recall when the issue started, so I'm uncertain if it stems from the lift or not. 😅 Anyway, I was already considering getting a Slip Yoke Eliminator soon to eliminate my t-case drop, as it's not the most aesthetically pleasing feature on my Jeep. So, if it's solely the pinion angle, I suppose I have nothing to worry about, as I intended to address the driveshaft situation anyway.

Started happening a while ago and It’s never gotten worse but I’ve grown tired of it. It usually only happens when I try to take off from a stop, but it’s also happened before when I tried to drive up a really steep driveway. It seems to only happen when under more load but I’m not sure what it could be.

Well, I can’t tell exactly from the video.

But, it “appears” you have the pinion pointed at the output shaft, but you have a stock style drive shaft.

Before some of you get bent, that’s what it looks like, if it’s not ok.

If it is, you will have a driveshaft shimmy like this. I bought a CJ5 with this setup (not a slip yoke, but it’s stick style with same issue).

Got a DC Driveshaft to put in and it arrived 2 days ago. Talke to Shawn Wood’s and he said this set will do that shudder especially uphill from a stop and under power uphill