Anyone run WIDE (>>12.5) tires?

srimes

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I've gravitated towards the idea of tall skinny tires for a long time (dreams of running Q78s, 35.5x10), and think in many cases that profile is better. But where I find myself pushing the jeep to it's limits is in deep snow. Running 35x12.5s on the Dana 30 4.88 limits my ability to go taller, so going wider is the obvious solution to get more flotation.

My rims are 10" wide already, so I'm thinking of 15" wide tires. Anyone have experience going that wide on a Dana 30?

1711128291347.png

Similar situation. Same location.

Halfway wondering if I could fab up and adapter and run two tires per wheel... steering would be none existent.

I just need tracks. Really seems to be the answer. That and gear reduction built in.

-Mac

Reactions: srimes
Similar situation. Same location.

Halfway wondering if I could fab up and adapter and run two tires per wheel... steering would be none existent.

I just need tracks. Really seems to be the answer. That and gear reduction built in.

-Mac

I already get in situations (not in snow) where I can't turn the steering wheel unless I move a little. If I go wide I'll really need hydro assist.

Tracks would be awesome but I don't have $20k to spend on them!

Reactions: macleanflood