Anyone running a softtop and roof rack?

I had a Gobi rack on my previous soft top TJ and I loved it. Only negative was the ladder on the back was a PITA to get the driver side rear corner zippers on and off. My current Jeep, I saved the $1,5xx and skipped the roof rack.

I'm trying to avoid the full rack system that sits on the bumper and a pillar. I'm trying to figure out mounting that I can mount on my roll bars and poke through my soft top...

I can't remember who it was, but someone on here make a system that bolted to the roll bars when he had no top on. Sorry I can't remember who, but if I can find it, I'll post the link. I wouldn't poke holes in my soft top to do it though.

T
I can't remember who it was, but someone on here make a system that bolted to the roll bars when he had no top on. Sorry I can't remember who, but if I can find it, I'll post the link. I wouldn't poke holes in my soft top to do it though.
Thanks. I'm not worried about my soft top

I Agree with MountaineerTom. If you want a rack to mount a tent to, I would suggest a full rack system. I would definitely not cut your soft top apart just to mount a rack. Even if you went with a factory hard top, it cant support the weight of two people and tent. For what you're looking to do, trust me just go with a full rack system, you wont regret it.

Mines a con ferr they are no longer in business and I customized it to fit but its sturdy.

20200714_172756.jpg

20200524_114832.jpg