Anyone running these Yukon manual hubs?

For one thing, those are for 30-spline axle shafts, plus it does not say, that I could find, what particular vehicle model Dana 30 & Dana 44 axles they would fit.

It will find any of the YJ, XJ, or TJ Dana 30's.

The Yukon hubs are known to be much stronger than Warn locking hubs. I have seen it first hand with many friends. But that is also mainly guys running Dana 60's. But it made my decsion easy long ago that I prefer Yukon over Warn.

Does you Jeep has the free spinning hub setup?

This locking hub will not just bolt on to your stock Dana 30...plus The fact it's for 30 spline inners.

You need to be running something like this to use the locking hubs..

https://www.ringpinion.com/b2c/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=9897&Source=DiffWizard&ShowAA=true

Edit: actually you would need something like this kit to run thise hubs. Which comes with Yukon premium hubs already.
https://www.ringpinion.com/b2c/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=9757&Source=DiffWizard&ShowAA=true

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Shouldn't this fit the Dana 44 rear axle on our TJs as well? It's 30 splines.

Oh yeah... what was I thinking. This has got to be for the front axle.

IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4579.JPG
IMG_4598.JPG
@jeepndogs just installed a manual hub kit on his jeep. Don't recall what brand it was.

Yup! I just did the Yukon big bolt kit. Couldn't be happier with it.

So do you think it was the two drive shafts "fighting" each other?

Don't know. It vibrated with the both shafts in. As long as I took one out it didn't. Made no difference what one was out.

My theory is it is actually the front carden joint angle though. With both shafts in it if I put it in 4 high it would stop the vibration also. Transfer case is 100% rebuilt so I know it wasn't the case. I did talk to a Chrysler tech that basically does nothing but trouble shoot for them across the country, the first words out of his mouth were "it's the front CV joint angle". I met him at a jeep jamboree and he has an Lj with a 4in long arm lift and 35's. he said that's why he did the long arm kit. It basically does a tummy tuck and raises the back of the TC up which reduced the angle of the cv joint in the front driveshaft.