Anyone Tried Bed Rug Carpet?

What about bedtred? I'd much rather have that myself, but wonder how its heat insulation properties are vis-a-vis the rug.

I read mixed reviews on this stuff. Some say its great, others not so much.
Most of the negative comments are that is it rather thin and flimsy. Others say it wears quickly in the heel area.
I was considering this as a replacement for my beat factory carpet. I not sure I want to risk 450.00 on something that will wear out in a year or two.
I wish someone offered a complete carpet in the oem style carpeting, not the cut pile everyone is pushing.

I read mixed reviews on this stuff. Some say its great, others not so much.
Most of the negative comments are that is it rather thin and flimsy. Others say it wears quickly in the heel area.
I was considering this as a replacement for my beat factory carpet. I not sure I want to risk 450.00 on something that will wear out in a year or two.
I wish someone offered a complete carpet in the oem style carpeting, not the cut pile everyone is pushing.
I just want rubber matting - the bedtred seems to be exactly that, but I too read about how thin it is. OTOH, I'll put down weathertech mats over the top of it, so maybe it doesn't matter. If it weren't for the heat issues, I'd just Rhino line the thing. Carpet has no place in a truck or Jeep as far as I'm concerned.

I just want rubber matting - the bedtred seems to be exactly that, but I too read about how thin it is. OTOH, I'll put down weathertech mats over the top of it, so maybe it doesn't matter. If it weren't for the heat issues, I'd just Rhino line the thing. Carpet has no place in a truck or Jeep as far as I'm concerned.
I was considering the bedtread at one time too, with floor liners on top for the same reasons. It seams like I read that they didn’t insulate sound as well as their carpet version. It doesn’t bother me to much but all the noise on a longer trip drives my wife crazy sometime. (I’ve offered her some yellow foamy ear plugs before but she won’t use them, LOL).

I never got either but leaning towards the carpet version for the better insulation (if that’s true) and the worry free if they get wet part.

What about bedtred? I'd much rather have that myself, but wonder how its heat insulation properties are vis-a-vis the rug.

I have Bed Rug up front and Bed Tred in the rear. I bought the Bed Tred for ease of cleaning dog hair. Both seem like quality products. My tub has been lined with sound deadener.

Thats what I did. Bedtread with WeatherTech front and rear

Reactions: Zorba
I thinking the same. I wonder if the color could be changed with SEM or Colorbond?
Unlikely but I suppose anything is possible. It is a polypropylene or similar fiber. I had it in my truck bed and knocked a battery over. Spilled acid all over it and simple hose out showed zero damage. Fiber that resistant to acids isn't going to respond well to a color change.

Reactions: zebra12
I put bedrug in this summer, with Bestop floor liners. There were interweb rumors of issues with the floor liners sliding up under the pedals occasionally, so I got these to hold them down. Easy to install, and peace of mind.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QSYW25W/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I have come to love it, but I think I will add some heat/sound barriers under it this spring when I tackle the floor pan rust issues.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I put bedrug in this summer, with Bestop floor liners. There were interweb rumors of issues with the floor liners sliding up under the pedals occasionally, so I got these to hold them down. Easy to install, and peace of mind.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QSYW25W/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I have come to love it, but I think I will add some heat/sound barriers under it this spring when I tackle the floor pan rust issues.

Did the bed rug have a slot cut in it for those floor mat holders or did you have to cut it?

I bought those same ones for my OEM carpet and it was precut. Just curious if the bed rug is too.

Did the bed rug have a slot cut in it for those floor mat holders or did you have to cut it?

I bought those same ones for my OEM carpet and it was precut. Just curious if the bed rug is too.
Had to cut it. I marked the front for location with a sharpie, then took dims from that for the back one to get a clean fit. Took about 3 minutes with a razor. I was concerned about the cut "running" with stress if (when) I forget to disengage the holder when pulling the liner out, but so far so good. Yes, I've forgotten several times...

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Had to cut it. I marked the front for location with a sharpie, then took dims from that for the back one to get a clean fit. Took about 3 minutes with a razor. I was concerned about the cut "running" with stress if (when) I forget to disengage the holder when pulling the liner out, but so far so good. Yes, I've forgotten several times...

My next question was how easy it was to cut. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: DEValken
I'd really like the ones I've installed for folks to fit a little better. We have to use screws to hold some edges in place so it looks right.

Bill G had it in one of his and really liked it. No hurry for me though even though my carpet isn't in the best shape.