Anyone use Kool-It to clean HVAC guts?

rubicube

TJ Enthusiast
I saw a YouTube about taking of the cowl an taking a shop vac with a tube an vac out the ac/heater I took mine apart an you can't put nothing down there,,,squirrel cage right there....so I took my high power yard blower an blew it all clean an now the video says to spray this kool-it up the ac drain hose an it will de-mold an clean the ac an heater guts.....@Jerry Bransford or any one that uses there a/c do this before ,,it's on amazon an fairly cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007PHD0S/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I saw a YouTube about taking of the cowl an taking a shop vac with a tube an vac out the ac/heater I took mine apart an you can't put nothing down there,,,squirrel cage right there....so I took my high power yard blower an blew it all clean an now the video says to spray this kool-it up the ac drain hose an it will de-mold an clean the ac an heater guts.....@Jerry Bransford or any one that uses there a/c do this before ,,it's on amazon an fairly cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007PHD0S/?tag=wranglerorg-20

don't know what year your TJ is but I know at least 05-06 the blower is REALLY easy to remove. Like unplug, pull a tab and rotate the whole assembly and it drops out. From there you could clean out a little farther into the housing.

Reactions: J.Pierce
don't know what year your TJ is but I know at least 05-06 the blower is REALLY easy to remove. Like unplug, pull a tab and rotate the whole assembly and it drops out. From there you could clean out a little farther into the housing.

ooo thanks for that info I have 04 rubi....when I took it apart it was very clean in th air intake because it has that lil snorkel thing you ever make a cloth cabin filter ,,,

ooo thanks for that info I have 04 rubi....when I took it apart it was very clean in th air intake because it has that lil snorkel thing you ever make a cloth cabin filter ,,,

I know the housing changed after 04 but I don't know if the blower is in a different spot. I know on my 99 it came out through the firewall under the battery, so that was a pain.

Christ, my reading comprehension skills are shot!

I first read the title as "Kool-Aide" and thought, "That's the dumbest god damn thing I ever heard"!

I haven't used that brand, but I did use another brand that I don't remember the name, I bought it at Napa. I had a mouse die in a skid steer HAVC system, and it got rid of the last remnants of that odor. I also used it on my wife's car that had a bad musty smell to it, worked for that too.

Reactions: rubicube

I first read the title as "Kool-Aide" and thought, "That's the dumbest god damn thing I ever heard"!

I haven't used that brand, but I did use another brand that I don't remember the name, I bought it at Napa. I had a mouse die in a skid steer HAVC system, and it got rid of the last remnants of that odor. I also used it on my wife's car that had a bad musty smell to it, worked for that too.

thnx I saw the video where you spray it up the ac drain hose I'm gonna do it.

funny because I thought the same thing, WHO THE HELL WOULD USE KOOL-AIDE TO CLEAN THEIR A/C :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
UPDATE. I did it....just like it said....put a drain pan under jus to see an the stuff came out black,,,an a few days later some shit like cat hairball came out the middle vent then another from the side vents.....smells good works better then it did....gonna do it once mores figure it's 18 year old ....clean out the hvac yaaaa

UPDATE. I did it....just like it said....put a drain pan under jus to see an the stuff came out black,,,an a few days later some shit like cat hairball came out the middle vent then another from the side vents.....smells good works better then it did....gonna do it once mores figure it's 18 year old ....clean out the hvac yaaaa

Note to self: aim the dash vents not to be pointed directly at my face before I try this.