Anything else I should do while the tub is easy to work in?

Goatman

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Started with a sound upgrade. But while I have the dash and center console apart i might as well do the heated seats. (Yea, I'm that old) And I'm gonna splice the lockers switch so I can lock up in 4high. Well, i have to pull the seats for the heat pads, so i plan on scuffing and repaint the tub too. So since this list keeps growing, is there anything else i should do while the tub is easy to work in?

Reactions: AustinJeepTJ
Started with a sound upgrade. But while I have the dash and center console apart i might as well do the heated seats. (Yea, I'm that old) And I'm gonna splice the lockers switch so I can lock up in 4high. Well, i have to pull the seats for the heat pads, so i plan on scuffing and repaint the tub too. So since this list keeps growing, is there anything else i should do while the tub is easy to work in?
Heated seats are easy......the only other thing you need to do now, is up your planned budget several times for everything you are going to do "While I am in here"!

Reactions: B252
Clean the seats and carpet. I did a post about that a few months ago. I used the cobraheat waterproof pads for heat.

You can do a full detail on the dash and apply protectant.

Got cruise control? You could do that. While you have the dash opened.

I've opened up my dash/console more times than I can count. If you think of something later it's fast to do the second time.

Just ask @toximus, he is into a full build started with a caliper replacement.

He might as well buy the jack stands now...

• Haha
Reactions: rasband and matkal
Just got the 3rd pair. 6 ton this time. As for budget, that word and the word Jeep don't go in the same sentence. This started as a $50 to $75 quick half hour project I think 4 days ago. Bumping $1,000 about now. Geeesh, and I thought Polo was an expensive hobby.

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Starting
Just got the 3rd pair. 6 ton this time. As for budget, that word and the word Jeep don't go in the same sentence. This started as a $50 to $75 quick half hour project I think 4 days ago. Bumping $1,000 about now. Geeesh, and I thought Polo was an expensive hobby.

Equestrian is a cheaper hobby.

Reactions: matkal
Equestrian is a cheaper hobby.
Am I hearing something about a nag?

The one thing I kick myself for not doing was putting in a cable-actuated lever for the transfer case when I had everything apart. Now that everything is back together I am spending too much time driving to want to pull it all out again!

The next step is to buy and install everything for a 4" lift and before you drive it take it all off and go with something else.
So you know me quite well!😉 Still have a Farmall Super C split in the basement. That started over a decade ago. Put something on the back burner and it will never get done. Gotta get this TJ back up and out of the garage soon. Its hay season.