Anyway to stealth sleep in a TJ?

From someone that routinely works from my Jeep.... I'll say a HARD no to the Jammock. I have two, one for the front, one for the rear(I don't have the soundbar. It can be fun to sit up there for a quick lunch, but laying like that model.... it will hurt your neck and legs, even with the pads.

I ended up purchasing the JKloud and LOVE it. You can use it as a sunshade over the rollbars or use it *inside* the Jeep as a hammock. I push both seats forward all the way and I can comfortably hang in the rear. I'm a few inches shorter at 5'10", but I have more than enough room and can't imagine you would be too tall. If it doesn't work, you end up with a high quality sunshade.

From someone that routinely works from my Jeep.... I'll say a HARD no to the Jammock. I have two, one for the front, one for the rear(I don't have the soundbar. It can be fun to sit up there for a quick lunch, but laying like that model.... it will hurt your neck and legs, even with the pads.

I ended up purchasing the JKloud and LOVE it. You can use it as a sunshade over the rollbars or use it *inside* the Jeep as a hammock. I push both seats forward all the way and I can comfortably hang in the rear. I'm a few inches shorter at 5'10", but I have more than enough room and can't imagine you would be too tall. If it doesn't work, you end up with a high quality sunshade.
The video on the JKloud website shows the product being setup. Looks like a really good and practical way to lay out in your Jeep.

I’m rethinking the question of sleeping in my TJ with that thing. Not for long term, but for a few nights camping it would be Ok.

They say it fits two people, but I doubt it. At least not for me and the way I flop around when I’m sleeping!

The video on the JKloud website shows the product being setup. Looks like a really good and practical way to lay out in your Jeep.

I’m rethinking the question of sleeping in my TJ with that thing. Not for long term, but for a few nights camping it would be Ok.

They say it fits two people, but I doubt it. At least not for me and the way I flop around when I’m sleeping!
Agreed, it is not for two people in the TJ, only in a JK and even then… you’d be sliding into the center together.

One thing I did that I’m sure won’t be as popular with most… I swapped center consoles with the short version. This one stops after the first cup holder and does not have a storage box/arm rest/subwoofer box. I wanted a little extra room when I hang.

IMG_20200515_143239509_HDR~2.jpg
I did the back seat delete and built a platform. I think I could sleep on it diagonally too.

Did this in the LJ for the first time Friday night. Had a camping buddy with me this time (my 6 year old son). I removed the rear seat, and put it folded, lengthwise on the passenger side and he slept next to it, with his feet at the tailgate.

IMG_20210604_211641.jpg

There was noticeably more length for the hammock than with the TJ, but you don't get the full 15" because the sport bar bends down toward the tub with more of a fastback slope than the TJ does.

The hard top held on to the heat a lot longer than the black diamond soft top did. I went to bed in shorts and a T shirt and my arms out of my bag, and around 1am had to put my thermals on. For context, we were at 10,000' and there was frost on the grass in some spots when we woke up.

Did this in the LJ for the first time Friday night. Had a camping buddy with me this time (my 6 year old son). I removed the rear seat, and put it folded, lengthwise on the passenger side and he slept next to it, with his feet at the tailgate.

View attachment 257537

There was noticeably more length for the hammock than with the TJ, but you don't get the full 15" because the sport bar bends down toward the tub with more of a fastback slope than the TJ does.

The hard top held on to the heat a lot longer than the black diamond soft top did. I went to bed in shorts and a T shirt and my arms out of my bag, and around 1am had to put my thermals on. For context, we were at 10,000' and there was frost on the grass in some spots when we woke up.