ARB compressor options

1o1proof

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
As usual, I have procrastinated and paying for it. I have an ARB in the rear of my junk and the compressor has failed. It will not develope any pressure to speak of, locker off no leaks at compressor and it never shuts off. Put a gauge on the aux port and it would barely get the needle off the stop, again locker is off.

I thought no big deal, I will just replace it...nope. I can not find one anywhere, finally spoke with ARB and they said it could be 4+ months before they are available again.

So my question is, does anyone have any options for me? A place that might have a couple stashed or a working used one. A different model ARB another brand that works with their solenoids/switches??

i have talked with
northridge
4wd
4wheel parts
morris 4x4
quadratec
cj pony parts
summit racing

glad I got mine when I did, had no idea there was a shortage.

B79B1483-65B9-4827-81D1-291B1318E60D.jpeg

As usual, I have procrastinated and paying for it. I have an ARB in the rear of my junk and the compressor has failed. It will not develope any pressure to speak of, locker off no leaks at compressor and it never shuts off. Put a gauge on the aux port and it would barely get the needle off the stop, again locker is off.

I thought no big deal, I will just replace it...nope. I can not find one anywhere, finally spoke with ARB and they said it could be 4+ months before they are available again.

So my question is, does anyone have any options for me? A place that might have a couple stashed or a working used one. A different model ARB another brand that works with their solenoids/switches??

i have talked with
northridge
4wd
4wheel parts
morris 4x4
quadratec
cj pony parts
summit racing
Which compressor? They make several.

Delete this or just let it die, sorry guys.

I did find 1 seller on Amazon that claims to have it (CKMA12) in stock. It’s ordered, I will update on how it goes. I looked prior to posting and did not see the damn thing, though there were a few other brands.

Again sorry to have wasted your time.

You should be able to run any compressor, just use a quality regulator to adjust the pressure for what ARB needs. In my old YJ I ran F&R ARB's off of my York and just had a regulator to supply air to the lockers

You should be able to run any compressor, just use a quality regulator to adjust the pressure for what ARB needs. In my old YJ I ran F&R ARB's off of my York and just had a regulator to supply air to the lockers
Yep, any compressor will work. I run two 485c, 3 gal al. tank and regulator set at 90psi for the ARB's. I run the Viair's since there is a dealer that carries parts for them.

I stuck with ARB, used them in the past with good luck.

So I found 2 I could order, and ordered both. I only did this because the first I found had a 1 month lead time. Well, they both came in within 24 hours of each other and only a week or so after ordering. I'm glad it worked out like this because 1 of them had cut and frayed hot and ground wires. Back it goes the other gets installed and I get my locker back in time for windrock.

20210422_170622.jpg