ARB leaks in a way that is confusing

That follows a conversation I have about some scratch and dent stuff picked up at 4 wheel parts from a tech at arb I met, check the seals we had issue on some, you can get the correct seals it should fix it.

Any updates?

The locker I just installed in my truck had brown o-rings. And they did look round. I have heard in the past that they had square rings. Anyone have experience with this? I just got around to installing this locker (bought it like 2 years ago, just got so far behind on projects) and I really did a bad job day 1 because I broke my air line like an idiot and on that axle (11.5 AAM) I had to destroy a bearing to remove the old line and braze in a new line and not burn my o-rings. It holds air in the diff, but not the solenoid. I just need to get back to messing with it and parts of my air compressor are hard to get to.

Any idea what these new o-rings look like?

Btw the 11.5 AAM is an extremely easy diff to setup and even with the ease of setting it up, it took awhile to get everything right. After this experience, I don't think I'm going to mess with the locker installs on my Dana axles, especially since I need to regear. I might do it if I can find a spare Dana 35 with 3.73s, which after talking with Cummins, I think I'm going to go that ratio.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

UPDATE.
The black bonded seals were a lot smaller in thickness than the new brown bonded seals. The installer checked everything and could not find any other problems. Bonded seals were replaced and both lockers work perfectly.

Reactions: MountaineerTom