ARB locker questions

DWLJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I am new to running the air lockers and I just got The ARB rear locker installed. After I am done using and turn off the switch should I turn off the on board air? and how long should it take to disengage? It took a about a minute. Thanks

It can take time to disengage if you're accelerating or decelerating thinking that helps it disengage. Neutral throttle to minimize the loading on the locker will hasten its disengagement. It can stay engaged if it's tight even when not driving. Driving with neutral throttle and doing an S-turn or two helps it to disengage.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWLJ
If there is any load on the locking mechanism mine doesn't disengage right away. Slight turning back and forth while driving gets mine to unlock.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWLJ
It can take time to disengage if you're accelerating or decelerating thinking that helps it disengage. Neutral throttle to minimize the loading on the locker will hasten its disengagement. It can stay engaged if it's tight even when not driving. Driving with neutral throttle and doing an S-turn or two helps it to disengage.
Excellent! Makes sense, thanks Jerry