ARB sliders and rear bar too heavy?

Hammer24

TJ Enthusiast
G'day all, I've been planning on installing the ARB rocker guards and rear bar/tyre carrier (the non-modular one) but I've been told that they're very heavy and as I'm keen to stay light I am tempted go with a lighter option/no tyre carrier. Does anyone know how much they weigh?

I've also found some lighter (and much cheaper) options that I'll link here, if anyone has had experience with them feedback would be appreciated.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-automotive/heavy-duty-rear-bumper-yj-tj-unlimited-RT20003https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-automotive/rocker-panel-guards-gloss-black-wrangler-tj-RT26046
These are branded on quadratecs site as crown, but they're sold here locally as RT off road.

Cheers

G'day all, I've been planning on installing the ARB rocker guards and rear bar/tyre carrier (the non-modular one) but I've been told that they're very heavy and as I'm keen to stay light I am tempted go with a lighter option/no tyre carrier. Does anyone know how much they weigh?

I've also found some lighter (and much cheaper) options that I'll link here, if anyone has had experience with them feedback would be appreciated.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-automotive/heavy-duty-rear-bumper-yj-tj-unlimited-RT20003https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-automotive/rocker-panel-guards-gloss-black-wrangler-tj-RT26046
These are branded on quadratecs site as crown, but they're sold here locally as RT off road.

Cheers
Hi Hammer

Old thread I know, but I see from your profile you fitted ARB rocker guards. I wondered what it was that put you off the RT / Crown ones. I did look through the @JMT thread but could not spot a mention of them. I was hoping to see how they are fitted, but I have been looking online and can't find any installation instructions. I don't suppose you came across any?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Hammer

Old thread I know, but I see from your profile you fitted ARB rocker guards. I wondered what it was that put you off the RT / Crown ones. I did look through the @JMT thread but could not spot a mention of them. I was hoping to see how they are fitted, but I have been looking online and can't find any installation instructions. I don't suppose you came across any?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, I don’t know anything about the Crown sliders.

Unfortunately, I don’t know anything about the Crown sliders.
No criticism intended, apologies if that is how it read.

A combination of rather less rocky terrain here and the challenges / costs of importing some of the more popular contenders, such as Savvy, have put these on the radar for me. But there seems very little info out there on how they are installed, I don't want to have them shipped from the US only to find they mount on the body mounts which I understand is a big 'no no'.

No criticism intended, apologies if that is how it read.

A combination of rather less rocky terrain here and the challenges / costs of importing some of the more popular contenders, such as Savvy, have put these on the radar for me. But there seems very little info out there on how they are installed, I don't want to have them shipped from the US only to find they mount on the body mounts which I understand is a big 'no no'.
I didn’t consider any of your remarks to be criticism. I’m just saying I have no idea about those sliders. I wish you the best in the UK and wish you could get more parts for your TJ easier!

Hi Hammer

Thanks in advance.
To be honest at the end of the day I didn't want to waste my money on something that may or may not actually do its job and protect the body, as they say buy twice cry twice.

To be honest at the end of the day I didn't want to waste my money on something that may or may not actually do its job and protect the body, as they say buy twice cry twice.
Was there a specific short coming with them or was it a general lack of available information?

There does seem limited info out there. All I have managed to get is that they are made from 3/16” steel and are said to fit to the tub (side and bottom) rather than on body mounts. The one negative I can see is that a picture seems to show they are now ww2ww.

Was there a specific short coming with them or was it a general lack of available information?

There does seem limited info out there. All I have managed to get is that they are made from 3/16” steel and are said to fit to the tub (side and bottom) rather than on body mounts. The one negative I can see is that a picture seems to show they are now ww2ww.
more so just the complete lack of information and reviews about them to be honest