ARB vs trutrac

Nick21

Savvy Bumper Club
Supporting Member
I'm planning on getting my jeep regeared this summer to 4.56, (30 front, 44 rear). My jeep us a daily driver, and offroad on the weekends. I'm planning on throwing a diffrent carrier in while I'm getting the regear done, and looking to see what people recommend. I spend lots of time up in the snow,dirt/gravel roads, and occasionally mud.

I have an open rear, but anyone here will tell you a locker over an LSD any day of the week. If you go with ARB then you will also end up with air which is a great benefit as well. If not you can always go for an E-Locker.

I'm planning on getting my jeep regeared this summer to 4.56, (30 front, 44 rear). My jeep us a daily driver, and offroad on the weekends. I'm planning on throwing a diffrent carrier in while I'm getting the regear done, and looking to see what people recommend. I spend lots of time up in the snow,dirt/gravel roads, and occasionally mud.
I very seldom recommend a Detroit Truetrac limited slip differential for offroad use but it sounds like it may be a better choice for you than a locker. They work great on slick surfaces so long as the ground you're on is (mostly) level.

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58